• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deluxe interior –

Doug

Deluxe interior –
I have couple of questions –

1.Is your deluxe interior rear quarter panels covered in material that matches your seats? Or is it painted the same color as the interior?

Thanks for your help -Doug

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

Thanks - That is what I thought (and my car is that way) but when I was talking to NPD they said it was not covered - I did not want to trust them completely so thats why I asked this forum.

Mosesatm

I think deluxe interior cars built after the UAW strike was resolved did not have the vinyl covering. Ford eliminated it for cost-cutting purposes.

miller511

Doug,

I have the deluxe interior. While re-doing my interior, I re-applied the vinyl on the rear quarters(from a kit purchased from Mustangs Plus).
Just a tib bit- make sure NOT to stretch the material too much when gluing up (contact cement is what's suggested) the vinyl on the sheet metal quarter. Because of the curves of the quarters, I ended up with some separation/lifting of the vinyl in the concave areas.

-Jeff

390cs68rcode

I think deluxe interior cars built after the UAW strike was resolved did not have the vinyl covering. Ford eliminated it for cost-cutting purposes.

Makes sense. I had a earlier (not a CS) deluxe interior 68 that had vinyl.

Where's Jeff Speegle when we need him?

Perkchiro

Just as a reference on dates, my build date is April 3 and it does have the vinyl quarters.