• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford Mustang 1965-66 database question

miller511

Hey all,

I was just thinking about this issue while looking through my (Marti published) Mustangs by the numbers book.

...and that it covers 1967 through 1973 Mustang facts.

Anyone know the story about what happened to 1965-66 Mustang databases?

All I've read is that Ford "destroyed" this data.

I'm just imagining that Homer Simpson worked for Ford and accidentally tossed it into the incinerator.

Seriously, I suppose there was some corporate logic that made complete sense at the time. Any ideas?

-Jeff

6t8-390gt

I have always heard that they upgraded to an IBM computer in 1967 which enabled them to retain the data in a smaller area. Remember in 67 the computer took up a whole lot more room than today.

P

PNewitt

I think that Jim Smart (of "In Search of Mustangs") would know about the '65-66 Mustang data question.

I'd heard long ago that from '67-on, all the Ford production information was on (IBM) reel-to-reel data tapes. I think it was this same data that Kevin Marti bought to do the reports.

Paul N.

J_Speegle

Heard a number of different stories - data storage changed and backwards compatibility was not considered to the records were stored in the Rotunda which burnt down.

Never really made a difference to me, why they were not available, just that they were not ;)