• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

sequential taillights for shelby/tbird part number?

P

PNewitt

As a general rule, just take the ford part number, and cut and paste it into a Google search (www.google.com), and "something" will come up.

In the case of the latter Ford # you listed, this site came up:

http://www.thuntek.net/cougars_unlimited/tbseqts.htm

And since it did.., I'll use it as an example, this site shows the type of sequential unit that you DO NOT want. The old T-Bird units used a motor that turned a shaft that hit on three contacts (1-2-3). This is ANCIENT , Rube Goldberg automotive technology.

The Cougar units "might" work, but they have a more complicated under dash wiring harness that the Mustang does not have.

I'm sure someone has figured this out--by using a Cougar unit for a '68 Mustang (Shelby or GT/CS), by using jumpers, etc..

Paul N.

meadowsdk28

Check out Paul with the Rube Goldberg reference. That will get them running to Google!

I was really keen on that whole sequential turn signal thing until I got burned and then the dynamite sticks came out and now this new deal from Mustang Projects, so I guess why bother. In about 94 I had a guy tell me that you couldn't wire a Cougar switch into a Mustang unit. Now a days I think it could be done. He just didn't want to try is my guess. This after my really naive butt went out and bought the sequential fix. All I needed to make my lights blink right. It cost me $70 Back in 94. It was nothing more than a little electric motor like in a RC car that was the original 65 Tbird relay motor. Of course, I would still need that little circuit board with the 3 contacts and the wiring. Learned a valuable lesson after that.

P

PNewitt

Sequentialling (is that a word, like gocartish?), is not rocket science.

There must be a way to get the turn signals to flash sequentially without making the brake lights do that.

I have one of those Cougar boxes from '68-70, and will check it out. What I would like to do is make it use the 1157 type bulbs, and plug into those 6-position T-Bird connectors without cutting any original wires.

Oh, well, project #398.
Perhaps it could be developed at "M28 Labs"?

Paul N.