• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Foose Stallion Mustangs

Mustanglvr

Here are pics of a couple Chip Foose Mustangs I saw on a recent trip to the Sioux Falls, S.D. Ford dealership. I guess they only made around 50 and here are 3 and there was one in the showroom. Sorry I take terrible pictures.

Attachments

• foose4.jpg
    foose4.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 52
  • foose6.jpg
    foose6.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 44

68gt390

I hate to say it but, doesn't look like they did a real big thought process in developing these cars. Change the paint and rims and slap a "Foose" sticker on them. Sounds like everybody jumping on the Mustang band wagon.

Don :tongue:

hotrodgrany

Mustanglvr said:
Here are pics of a couple Chip Foose Mustangs I saw on a recent trip to the Sioux Falls, S.D. Ford dealership. I guess they only made around 50 and here are 3 and there was one in the showroom. Sorry I take terrible pictures.
My Husband and I just saw both of them last week end while in Souix Falls . Here I am with Chip Foose this past June at a special benifit he put on through Sioux Falls Ford. Here is just on of his Stallions there for sale and looks like the one that Sioux Falls Ford has for sale now. This was the hight of my summer.

Attachments

• Chip Foose & Me 001.jpg
    Chip Foose & Me 001.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 32
  • cars at Noth Siouxt 009.JPG
    cars at Noth Siouxt 009.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 25

hotrodgrany

Mustanglvr said:
My Husband and I just saw both of them last week end while in Souix Falls . Here I am with Chip Foose this past June at a special benifit he put on through Sioux Falls Ford. Here is just on of his Stallions there for sale and looks like the one that Sioux Falls Ford has for sale now. Here is the car trailor that hauled all his Stallions to the benifit. This was the hight of my summer.

Attachments

• cars at Noth Siouxt 002.JPG
    cars at Noth Siouxt 002.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 30

hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany said:
My Husband and I just saw both of them last week end while in Souix Falls . Here I am with Chip Foose this past June at a special benifit he put on through Sioux Falls Ford. Here is just on of his Stallions there for sale and looks like the one that Sioux Falls Ford has for sale now. Here is the car trailor that hauled all his Stallions to the benifit. This was the hight of my summer.
I was realy there, more pict and what it was all about

Attachments

• chip foose.JPG
    chip foose.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Chip Foose,Sioux Falls, South Dakota 005.JPG
    Chip Foose,Sioux Falls, South Dakota 005.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Chip Foose,Sioux Falls, South Dakota 014.JPG
    Chip Foose,Sioux Falls, South Dakota 014.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Chip Foose,Sioux Falls, South Dakota 016.JPG
    Chip Foose,Sioux Falls, South Dakota 016.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 23
P

PNewitt

68gt390 said:
I hate to say it but, doesn't look like they did a real big thought process in developing these cars. Change the paint and rims and slap a "Foose" sticker on them. Sounds like everybody jumping on the Mustang band wagon.

Don

I don't mean to talk down "Hotrodgrany's" great experience with Chip--that's a good thing, and I bet it was a lot of fun, too... but..I have to agree with Don...

In my opinion, I feel that Chip is more a stylist than designer. I haven't seen him design a completly original car from scratch. He went to school at Art Center in Pasadena, which I attended for one semester, and hated it. It's a school for artists to fit into the corporate world. You learn to draw like Syd Mead (i.e. Bladerunner) with color markers. It all looks the same.

What grates me is how Chip took the Horse and Bars logo, and took off the horse, and put his own name there. By comparison, I've met and talked to Gene Winfield, a great car designer from the 60's, that is truly a designer. He did a lot of cars for TV shows, and is an expert at "lead sleds" from the 1950's, too. Gene is low key, and very modest, and doesn't flaunt what he's done. There is a fraternity of automotive artists, designers and craftsmen from the 1960's that perhaps Chip could take some lessons from.

Just my opinion--no disrespect intended.

Paul N.

Diesel Donna

<~~~~~~Met Gene Winfield at the Rte. 66 San Berdoo show where he had a booth and was inducted into the hall of fame. Very nice lowkey man. He has a shop in Mohave, CA. and has working seminars there a couple of times a year.

hotrodgrany

PNewitt said:
I don't mean to talk down "Hotrodgrany's" great experience with Chip--that's a good thing, and I bet it was a lot of fun, too... but..I have to agree with Don...

In my opinion, I feel that Chip is more a stylist than designer. I haven't seen him design a completly original car from scratch. He went to school at Art Center in Pasadena, which I attended for one semester, and hated it. It's a school for artists to fit into the corporate world. You learn to draw like Syd Mead (i.e. Bladerunner) with color markers. It all looks the same.

What grates me is how Chip took the Horse and Bars logo, and took off the horse, and put his own name there. By comparison, I've met and talked to Gene Winfield, a great car designer from the 60's, that is truly a designer. He did a lot of cars for TV shows, and is an expert at "lead sleds" from the 1950's, too. Gene is low key, and very modest, and doesn't flaunt what he's done. There is a fraternity of automotive artists, designers and craftsmen from the 1960's that perhaps Chip could take some lessons from.

Just my opinion--no disrespect intended.

Paul N.
Is this who you are talking about?

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 23b.jpg
    23b.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 21
  • geneshop.jpg
    geneshop.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22