• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Engine Question

mmarsalone

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1605;start=30#msg10579 date=1116268928]

Where are the guys looking for the VIN on the block somewhere? Casey
[/quote]

Casey, the partial VIN on mine is on the flat spot at the back of the block, just behind where the intake manifold would be. Or, I could say just in front of the bell housing. I hope that helps.

Mike

Mosesatm

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1605;start=30#msg10579 date=1116268928]
I tried to show the email train to my wife, but she shook her head and walked away.

[/quote]

Casey, don't let your wife fool you. Women are just as lockerroomhumorish as men, maybe more so. In fact, if the men in the company I work for told the jokes that the women tell we'd all get sued for harrassment.

I've done a lot of research on this area and found that the women we know and love behave totally differently around other women. My extensive research leads me to the conclusion that women have a secret agenda and are members of a great and powerful cult whose sole purpose is to manipulate men into doing their bidding, therefore ruling the world! Some associates of mine think their goal is to just drive us all crazy but women are much smarter, and much more....uh....industrious....than that. If they drove us all crazy they wouldn't be able to use us as they see fit. No, they rule the world alright but they do it from behind the scenes by manipulating us. Very smart on their part, and not all that difficult. We die earlier because of all the stress while they hold their secret meetings with their secret greetings where they tell dirty jokes and drink margaritas. Have you ever seen that little smirk women give each other when they pass each other on the street? They lead us to believe that it's a smirk of disdain for the other woman but it's really a sign that they know something we don't and they are united in their goal.

It's all a great conspiracy I tell you!!! I'll continue my research and report back later. If I mysteriously disappear soon it will be because they know I'm onto something and must silence me.

meadowsdk28

See, she's in on it ,too. Rhonda is running the "near apathetic" reply as per Standing Operating procedure 003-07-05A. I figured that was what she would say. I've almost got their code cracked. :D

Mustanglvr

You guys give us women too much credit, but then again, thats the way it should be. ;D Rhonda

nfrntau

How to Make a Woman Happy

It's not difficult to make a woman happy. A man only needs to be:

1. a friend
2. a companion
3. a lover
4. a brother
5. a father
6. a master
7. a chef
8. an electrician
9. a carpenter
10. a plumber
11. a mechanic
12. a decorator
13. a stylist
14. a sexologist
15. a gynecologist
16. a psychologist
17. a pest exterminator
18. a psychiatrist
19. a healer
20. a good listener
21. an organizer
22. a good father
23. very clean
24. sympathetic
25. athletic
26. warm
27. attentive
28. gallant
29. intelligent
30. funny
31. creative
32. tender
33. strong
34. understanding
35. tolerant
36. prudent
37. ambitious
38. capable
39. courageous
40. determined
41. true
42. dependable
43. passion ate
44. compassionate

WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:

45. give her compliments regularly
46. love shopping
47. be honest
48. be very rich
49. not stress her out
50. not look at other girls

AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:

51. give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
52. give her lots of time, especially time for herself
53. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:

54. Never to forget:
* birthdays
* anniversaries
* arrangements she makes

HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

1. Show up naked
2. Bring food
3. Hand over the remote.

Mustanglvr

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1605;start=30#msg10595 date=1116343659]
I tried to show the email train to my wife, but she shook her head and walked away.

[/quote]

Casey, don't let your wife fool you. Women are just as lockerroomhumorish as men, maybe more so. In fact, if the men in the company I work for told the jokes that the women tell we'd all get sued for harrassment.

I've done a lot of research on this area and found that the women we know and love behave totally differently around other women. My extensive research leads me to the conclusion that women have a secret agenda and are members of a great and powerful cult whose sole purpose is to manipulate men into doing their bidding, therefore ruling the world! Some associates of mine think their goal is to just drive us all crazy but women are much smarter, and much more....uh....industrious....than that. If they drove us all crazy they wouldn't be able to use us as they see fit. No, they rule the world alright but they do it from behind the scenes by manipulating us. Very smart on their part, and not all that difficult. We die earlier because of all the stress while they hold their secret meetings with their secret greetings where they tell dirty jokes and drink margaritas. Have you ever seen that little smirk women give each other when they pass each other on the street? They lead us to believe that it's a smirk of disdain for the other woman but it's really a sign that they know something we don't and they are united in their goal.

It's all a great conspiracy I tell you!!! I'll continue my research and report back later. If I mysteriously disappear soon it will be because they know I'm onto something and must silence me.

[/quote]
Arlie, my sister Anita read your post about your conspiracy theory and the only comment she had was "And don`t you forget it!" LMAO, Rhonda

OP
OP
case12

case12

Well, new heads are on, engine is running. No more valve noise.

BUT, engine still seems to be missing and under load has trouble idling and when accelerating the engine still vibrates like its is going to come off its mounts.

My engine buddy swears it didnt do it when he test drove it. I drove it home last night and I thought the fenders were going to shake off when accelerating (worse when going up hill). I could also feel and hear the engine "lurching" when at cruise speed (what I mean is it feel/sounds like I am slightly pushing the pedal and letting up every 2 seconds). To keep it from dying under load when stopped, I have to set the idle to 2000rpm.

So, something odd is going on. He is coming over today to check it again.

We know it is not heads, valves, timing - maybe it is electronic ignition or coil. (When a coil is going bad, what generally happens?).

I hope we get this straightened out in time for the Carroll Shelby show on Saturday! Casey

OP
OP
case12

case12

Checked that before we put the new heads on, when we had the same problem - all ok. Didnt check it last night, but why would my mechanic friend not have the problem when he test drove it after putting it back together, and then I pick it up the next day and it nearly shakes the fenders off? (other than I may be cursed).

Hopefully we find the gremlin today. I just wondered if the electronic iginition or coil could be going haywire (again - I am not an engine expert - so, I am a little at the mercy of my mechanic friend). Casey

meadowsdk28

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1605;start=45#msg10895 date=1117124203]
Mustang retirement home and museum [/quote]

Wow, is that a not-for-profit!?! Are you thinking of francising because I think a midwest location would be great...specifically my house!!

Casey, just a thought. I may be way out of my league here. Do you have an electric choke? It's the season to adjust those and I've seen an out of adjustment choke so some "crazy" things to an engine. Vibrations, surging, rough idle, lack of power and a kind of vapor lock symptom. Also, maybe I missed the post, did you say you checked your vacuum advance?

coloradoHCS

Casey, are you sure your distributor is advancing it's full range under load or at increasing RPM? Is the distributor and shaft OK? In other words no binding?

You did say the balancer was OK wasn't it?

If timing, advance, vacuum, wires and plugs have been checked and cleared, if engine balancer is ok then I would look at the fuel side.

1) How is the choke? Symptoms could indicate a bad choke.

2) How is the fuel? Did the car sit all winter with less then a full tank of fuel? You may have moisture in the gasoline or just old gasoline.

3) How long did your friend drive it? Could it be temperature related? Again a choke??

4)By pulling number 1 off line does it smooth out again?

5)Is there any way to dyno the car for fuel, spark readings?

Mark.

OP
OP
case12

case12

Yes, I do have an electric choke, and it does seem to be working. When it is hot, it is full open and the problem still occurs.

I am not an expert on vaccum advance. But I have run it with the advance hooked up, and with the advance plugged (distributer plugged, carb side open) and it still has a problem.

I think jbsteven knows more about this "curse" we speak of than he is letting on....I bet the lift of the "curse" is in some secret holy book that only auto shop owners have.... ;)

coloradoHCS

Coming originaly from Chicago I have experience with the curse of the "Billy Goat". Those curses can be powerful. If that is the case I am in over my head!

meadowsdk28

Do you have a buddy around home that has a like type carburetor that you could slap on your car for a test drive? That could eliminate fuel as a possible cause. (other than old fuel or water in the fuel or fuel pump or a partially blocked line or fuel filter of course)

meadowsdk28

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=1;threadid=1605;start=45#msg10902 date=1117127999]
Coming originaly from Chicago I have experience with the curse of the "Billy Goat". Those curses can be powerful. If that is the case I am in over my head!
[/quote]

So, if the Cubs win the world series, Casey's problem will heal itself!?! Cool, he's only got to live with it until October.....Aww what am I saying, he'll have to live with it for another 50 years!!