• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Closest to NOS muffler?

hcsstang

Two weeks before the AACA Grand National I went over my car and found my muffler rusted the length of the muffler. I called C J they didn't have one. Somebody referred me to a guy that deals with Shelbys and he had an orginal muffler but it was a 69 I used it any way.

Ruppstang

Speaking as a MCA gold cad judge Scott Fullers reproduction parts are nothing short of amazing. I have been looking a duel exhaust syestem from Scott and I want it real bad but the only thing stoping me from ordering it is the $2400.00. The last syestem I used was around $400.00 and I was very disapointed in the fit and correctness. I guess you can buy a part that can buy a part that can be made to work or pay the price for a part that was made to fit. Marty

J_Speegle

First I'm not sure of how close a NOS/service replacement muffler would be to original. It really depends on the one you found since some are pretty generic.

With that said I not sure (don't think so) that Scott is making a single exhaust transverse muffler. With that possibility I thing you need to shop the muffler suppliers and find one that fits the original measurements, without any adapters and such, hopefully coming up with one with no stamping/writing (a non name) on the body of the muffler.

Ruppstang

Sorry Classic guy I forgot that you were looking for single exhaust. Jeff is right I do not think Scott has it yet. You might check with NPD and see what their muffler looks like. Marty

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks Marty,I did not see the single exhaust in the Scott drake link. did you take a look at the e bay link I posted? I don't know if that is the correct one.

Ruppstang

Yes I looked at it, as Jeff said it is hard to tell if it is close to the orginial but does have the Ford logo. I think I would want one that looked newer, you will never get the oxidation off that one. Marty