• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Full Throttle on History Channel

rvrtrash

I just got done watching a new show on the History Channel called Full Throttle where they have two teams of two average guys each modify identical cars and then drag race them, winner of 2 out of three keeping both cars. The cars used for the maiden show were 68 Mustang coupes and one was even (drumroll please) a Sunlite Gold car. Half the show was Mustang history and a car they kept showing while the dialog was going on was a California Special. I loved it, and if they show reruns of it, like History Channel does frequently, I recommend it for your viewing pleasure.
Steve

68sunlitgold

Steve,
Now if I only got the history channel over here in Korea, wish I could see it because you gotta love that color.

Doug

CalPaul

Hey Steve:

If you find out in advance if they do a repeat of the 68 Stang show, could you post here? I saw part of the Datsun 240Z show last night and it was fun to watch these guys. ;D

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I just checked at Historychannel.com and they are showing it again Sat., Nov 13th at 2:00pm e.s.t. I recommend you either watch or tape it, but don't tell Doug what happens at the end. By the way Doug- Happy Veterans Day and Thank you.
Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

By the way, for the record, it's the history part of the show that's enjoyable. Watching the teams modify their cars is painful 'cause they're so dumb and the hosts might be worse. I just wanted to make that part clear.
Steve

68sunlitgold

Steve,
Thanks, It's great to know people care and I am doing what I love, "serving my country". Agian thanks

LtCol Douglas Hagen
US Air Force
Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I took my car in to be painted 2 weeks ago and it was supposed to be done in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, all they've done is moved it from where I parked it and told me the engine sounds really nice. :-[ . I'll definately be posting pics if I ever get it back and finished up.
Steve

PFSlim

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=0#msg6475 date=1100214932]
Steve,
Thanks, It's great to know people care and I am doing what I love, "serving my country". Agian thanks

LtCol Douglas Hagen
US Air Force
Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
[/quote]

LtCol Hagen

I couldn't agree with Steve more. I finished my Air Force time in 2002. I spent 12 years as an enlisted (working on ejection seats in F-4D, F-4E, F-16A, B, C, D and B-1B's) and commissioned as an aircraft maintenance officer in 1996 in the Air National Guard. I left the service as a Captain. We all salute you sir!

Capt Paul Stevenson (Ret)
184 Component Repair Flight Officer
Kansas Air National Guard

hookedtrout

This is when I like my Dish PVR system. Just find it on the schedule and hit record and then I don't miss it. Sure makes up for my over 40 memory loss. ::)

Hook

Talan423

just got done watching the full throttle show, great show... they really talked up the 68 mustang. liked the gratuitous shots of the gt/cs!
i wasn't able to tape it for you doug, i got home just in time to turn it on, then i didn't have a blank tape. maybe somebody elese was able to tape it for you. if you do end up getting to see it, you might not want to watch the end... it wasn't good for the sunlit gold!

later
tom

Sarge

I taped the show. First time I had ever seen that show, and if anyone needs a copy, shoot me an email, and I will get it out to you.
Robert

390cs68rcode

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=0#msg6458 date=1100163409]
I just got done watching a new show on the History Channel called Full Throttle where they have two teams of two average guys each modify identical cars and then drag race them, winner of 2 out of three keeping both cars. The cars used for the maiden show were 68 Mustang coupes and one was even (drumroll please) a Sunlite Gold car. Half the show was Mustang history and a car they kept showing while the dialog was going on was a California Special. I loved it, and if they show reruns of it, like History Channel does frequently, I recommend it for your viewing pleasure.
Steve
[/quote]

Quick question on the Sunlit Gold color:

I have a VERY original 68 coupe (non CS) with all records since new, never driven in rain, always garaged etc that is Sunlit Gold in color. It was repainted in 86 and came originally in Sunlit gold. I know I do like the color but from of the responses it seems either other like the color or it was somewhat rare. Any more insight on the color you guys could give would be appreciated.

On a side note I just yesterday put the bias ply tires on it from Coker tire.

1968n.jpg

not bad for a driver car that has never been cleaned on the underside huh?
1968b.jpg

case12

As far as CS/GS's go, Sunlit Gold was the 5th or 6th most popular color out of about 17 color choices (Candy Apple Red was most popular). As you can see from my icon, mine is Sunlit Gold and I absolutely love the color. I have parchment(off white) interior with black appointments. You can see quite a few in the Gallery. Paint code and matching paint is readily available (I just picked up a quart at CarQuest a few weeks back and it matches perfectly). Casey