• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Horse Power Junkies - check this out

390cs68rcode

pretty quick for a Mustang.

My benz has advertised numbers just about the same as those. 540HP actual (493 advertised) and 11.6 1/4 mile.

Yes, I am a horsepower junkie.

still looking for one

NOW you're talking *my* language.

Anyone here remember Monte Hellman's movie "Two Lane Blacktop" (1971)?
With James Taylor the rock singer "the driver" and Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys "the mechanic", Laurie Byrd "the girl" and Warren Oates "G.T.O." as Taylor tries to goad Oates, with a new 1970 GTO, into racing his souped up '55 Chevy for pink slips?

Middled aged Oates is bragging about his new GTO, and James Taylor says, "Oh, all the new cars look the same to me" and then lowers his voice, but not TOO much, as he looks at Oates and says..."they perform about the same" really sticking the knife in.......

Great line..

Great movie (amazingly, neither rock singer sings a note in the movie) for the 1970s.

still looking for one

390cs68rcode said:
pretty quick for a Mustang.

My benz has advertised numbers just about the same as those. 540HP actual (493 advertised) and 11.6 1/4 mile.

Yes, I am a horsepower junkie.

Race him for pink slips?:grin:

Jim B.

still looking for one

390cs68rcode said:
not a chance, don't like modern mustangs.

("Donning nomex suit") he said:eek:

*CAREFUL* talking like that around here!!!!

That's a PROVOCATIVE thing to say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jim

davidathans

hey 390CS68RCode...
they advertise your car at 11.6 in a 1/4 mile?
have you actually ran it before to see what it actually does?
how heavy is that CL600, 4800lbs??
how wide are your rear tires??
is it a 6 speed automatic tiptronic type trans?

they rate the engine at 493hp, but it was factory underrated from 540hp?? is that right?

That thing must be sick!!!

390cs68rcode

I have seen an advertised 11.6 on it. they show a 4.6 0-60 on the MB website. no actual data but the way it pulls I have no doubt it does it. 590 lbs. ft. of torque as well. I don't think it weighs 4800 lbs, maybe low 4k. 275/40/18 rear tires. 5 speed triptronic automatic. tap to the side to shift. no need to use as it shifts perfectly on its own.

Renntech's owner specifically told me they are factory underrated.

The thing pulls like nothing you have been in (on the street).

http://www.mbusa.com/overview/2003/...=CL500C&preClassCode=06_CL&preAccClassCode=CL

390cs68rcode

the cl65 is the upgraded version from MB. I can send my cars computer to Renntech and for $6400 they will upgrade it so it puts out more power than the $60k upgrade MB offers (604 verses 620). I will sooner or later do this, just have not gotten around to it.