• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question about the front end

Mr. Shelby Guy

Hi, I just recieved my GT/CS from the painter Friday (boy what a beautiful car it is) but I had a quick question. On the front end, I know that the grill is blacked out but is the area around the grill that is normally chrome on a normal Mustang, is that supposed it be chromed or blacked out? We have to send it back to the painter (he put the stripes on wrong) and if it's supposed to be blacked out I would have him black it out. Any response would help. If you need pics about where I'm talking about that would be great.

Talan423

shelby guy-
i assume you are talking about the grille mouldings that sit in front of the grille.
the (flat) moulding pieces, as well as the center piece, and lucas pedestals are also painted the same "dark grey metallic" color as specified for the grille. the raised "chrome" trim on the flat mouldings remain, and are not painted.
tip- if you have the lucas lamps, and the holes aren't in the stone deflector yet (for the lucas mounting bolts), drill them out before mounting everything to the front end.
hope this helps.
talan423