• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 orignial red dash pad

Ruppstang

I have 2 orignial blackdash pads and 1 blue orginial dash pad but I need a red one for the HCS. The reproductions fit ok but has too much texture on it. Thanks Marty

ponyboy

Hey Marty, wish i had a Red one to trade. Im lookin for an original black 1, the repop just doesnt look that great. Please let me know if you would like to sell one of your black 1s, Thanks Richie

franklinair

Originals can be dyed. I once did a '67 dashpad (black) to red. It came out perfect: original grain, correct fit, correct color.

Neil

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Originals can be dyed. I once did a '67 dashpad (black) to red. It came out perfect: original grain, correct fit, correct color.

Neil

Thanks Neil I have dyed a few of them . I most likely will dye a red one if I find one to freshen it up. The problem of changing color is if you get a scratch or nick the other color shows. I may have to dye one of another color but that is a last resort but still better than the repro. Marty

franklinair

The one I did in red was a black one, on a '67GTA convertible. I drove it 5 years (not a daily driver), won 1st place in local shows. Never had a scratch on it, and even if you did, it would be a fairly simple matter of touching it up, or even re-spraying it.

Neil