• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 ???- 302 "off the line" acceleration

robert campbell

As Randy said it is all in the tuning. And you can experiment with the timing and few other little tricks that may wake up few more "ponies". Each engine needs a bit of TLC to be all it can be. Standard specs can be altered a bit. What Ford put in print was a base starting point that would work in most climates and most altitudes.

I love to bench race and make suggestions! There may be hidden horsepower just waiting to be un-leashed!

Rob

OP
OP
D

daveS

So the car was originally candyapple red but was repainted poppy red (which is really pretty much orang). The poppy red really looks bad ass on this car :grin:

I looked around for a while and I noticed this car has a ton of extras (headrests, AC, PB, PS, J code, large tach, am/fm 8-track, deluxe shoulder belts, trip odometer, vinyl roof.....just to name a few). Everything is functional.

It's also got all new front suspension, new front brakes, newly rebuilt C4 trans, new exhaust with flowmasters (sounds killer), new hoses under the hood and for the AC, recently repainted engine, new ignition, new rubber door and trunk seals & new tires. The seller is including the orignal front grille and a "Holley made for Motorcraft" 4bbl carb.

Not rust anywhere and no signs of it ever being hit. The car was made in San Jose, sold out of Pasadena CA and lived its whole life in the Pasadena area (which is where I am buying it from).

The only thing it kind of needs is a new steering wheel or restoration thereof....and maybe the wheel rings (kind of scraped up from the curb)anyone know where I can get this stuff ?

This is my first GT/CS and I'm REALLY stoked to be getting this car ! :grin:

Cheers
-Dave

Mosesatm

R&R Classics (clubpro) is your best source.

Last edited:

franklinair

Parts: clubpro - he's in CA and will get you the best stuff @ the best $. Just PM him.

Neil