• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Drum To Disc Brakes

darb

I have a quick question for those of you who have any knowledge on this subject:

I'm converting my front drum brakes, to disc brakes - and I've got it all bolted together just fine, the only trouble I'm having is with the hard brake line connection to the soft brake line that goes to the disc brakes. The fittings are not accepting each other.

Is this unusual? Or is there some sort of adapter that needs to be used?

It almost threads on, it just seems a notch too big.

Also, the proportioning valve - anyone have a clue how to set that?

-Brad

Calspecialdreamer

Darb,
I have not done mine yet, but I need to. I would call the company you bought the kit from and ask. Maybe you are missing something. They should have an 800 number....Please post the reply as I would like to know in case I run into the same problems...

68sunlitgold

darb,
not sure on where you are in the process, but if you are using the same lines/connections that where on the drum brakes, they are different.
Doug

OP
OP
D

darb

For those who are curious, the connection to the disc brakes is I believe 1/2", and the hardline is 3/4" or just slightly larger than the disc brake line. There is an adapter you can snatch - that is what I had to do.

The whole process was very simple -

The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the proportioning valve, I understand it regulates the amount of brake pressure going to each end of the car - the front end is supposed to have slightly more than the rear end. Just curious how I set it, and how I tell if I set it right, and what adjustments need to be made.

-Brad