• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby 10 spoke wheels

Perkchiro

Here's a question that may have been discussed in prior posts. Does a 68 mustang remain within it's original status with the addition of Shelby 10 spoke wheels? I see these added to some of the GT/CS's in the gallery and I'm wondering if these were offered as dealer add-ons or available through performance catalogs at Ford dealers during that era. What are the opinions of the experts here?
Steve

case12

Well, it is up to you. There have been many threads on this site about this similar topic. Some favor factory original. Other's favor adding anything a dealer could have added. Other's favor adding anything vintage that could have been added. Other's favor restomod, and even drag racers. So, it is up to you.

I favor adding anything a dealer could have added.

If you are trying to win MCA shows, then maybe others can answer if Shelby/Cobra vintage add ons are acceptable. Casey

hookedtrout

I think the big question was, were they available to be purchased in 1968 so you could add them on to your GT/CS. As for the answer I don't know unless you lived near the Shelby Automotive facility, I'm sure if you could find a Shelby owner and offer him enough you could buy a set, so I guess they were available in 68. 8)

Cory