• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

headlight wiring harness need assistance

dbeal

In my ever present quest to locate parts for my GTCS, I purchased a headlight wiring harness ( the one that goes to the voltage regulator, headlights, marker lights etc). It was pulled from a 68 with a 302 and manual transmission.. The question I have is does this harness also connect to the brake distribution block, and if so what should the connector look like on the harness? Should it have 1 lead or 2..the harness I have has 1 lead, but my distribution block sensor has 2 leads. (The distribution block is a 68 disc brake block with proportioning valve). Is the harness different for a disc brake car?

rvrtrash

Mine is a 302, auto with disc brakes and has a 2 wire plug, that is part of the front harness. The plug itself is kind of a creamy white color and has two plastic clips that extend down past the body of the plug to lock onto the proportioning valve. I'm at work and can't look at it to verify for sure on this, but am pretty sure.
Steve

OP
OP
D

dbeal

Thanks! It appears the harness I pulled from the 68 was actually a 67 harness..it must have been swapped at some time. Luckily he is taking it back. Unless I can find a good used one I will have to buy a new repro.

Darrell