• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tire Size

PFSlim

What is the typical tire size (mounted on the issued 6" mustang wheel) that everyone is running on their cal spec?

What is best, Goodyear Eagle GtII or BF Goodrich Radial T/A?

Jayscal

I have Goodyear Eagle GTII 215R14/60's on my stock rally rims.

225/60's will fit nicely, but last I checked 225's were not available in GTII's, only thru BF Goodrich. 235/60's will fit also, but the sidewalls bulge a bit.

Russ

Purchasing tires is a critical issue, especially if you plan to show your car. MCA rules states you cannot have "P" metric radial tires on your 1968 Mustang, in fact you will lose 5 points automatically if you have "P" radials. Radials are legal for 1968 cars, as long as they don't have the "P". Stay away from bias tires if you plan to drive your car. If your car is strictly a show car, E70-14 wide ovals would be correct.

I run BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires with a size of 205/70R14 on my CS. This size of tire is close to the original size, yet wider, and the tire fits well in the wheel well. I have been deducted for my tires when entering MCA shows, though.

Hope this helps,
Russ

Russ

I'm curious about the F70X14 tires on your Marti report. My 1968 GT shows the F70X14 size listed on the report, but my GT/CS, with factory argent wheels, is listed with E70X14 tires. My GT/CS does not have the GT option. Both cars have the Marti report.

Did your GT/CS also come with the GT option?? I'm interested why the factory would place different size tires on these cars?? Just another question.....

Thanks,

Russ

hcsstang

The car that I have is a HCS with a 302 the only option that I have is the center console . The car even had single exhaust which I switched to duals. Every thing else is orginal..