• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 P/S pressure hose

franklinair

What is the CORRECT Power Steering pressure hose? The ones I see are too long and must be coiled, and the rigid portion that attaches to the rear of the P/S pump doesn't seem to have the right angle to match up to the bracket on the rear of the pump.

Neil

green56

PS hose

Neil just replaced my hoses on my 68 yes they are to long I tryed NAPA and NPD they are all the same you have to bolt it against the fender So it stays away from the exhaust Tom from WI

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

That's exactly what I want to avoid. Surely someone sells the correct pressure hose.:rolleyes:

Neil

rvrtrash

It's been so long since I did mine, but I seem to recall that I took my factory hose to a hose shop and had them put new hose on the old ends. You get the correct length and ends that way.

Steve

mbsf1970

I Had intended to the same thing-- found a hose shop but was told it would cost an exhorbitant amount so I abandoned that idea......does anyone have oem hoses for Neil-- even if they need to be redone?
Stephen

Ruppstang

I have never found a reproduction hose that fits properly. But even the correct Ford hose was intended to loop up and be strapped to the shock tower.
I will look through my stash and see if I may have a extra original.

Marty

Attachments

• 2080-10-27 07.55.50.jpg
    2080-10-27 07.55.50.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I fabricated a bracket & clamp to secure the P/S pressure hose, attached to the Upper Control Arm stud. Not concourse, but functional to keep the hose as far away from the exhaust manifold as possible.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0366 (2).jpg
    IMG_0366 (2).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 38

68 special

That clamp looks familiar, Neil. Did you go through your A/P parts stash!!!

Been there, done that, LOL

Bret

Ruppstang

Looks like you got it handled. I have a useable original if ever needed.
Marty

CaliStang68

Probably a little late here Neil, but Chockostang sells the 68 Shelby style hose that is shorter and avoids the coil over look. it Is very neat and clean looking and has plenty of space away from the exhaust.