• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Many thanks to CougarCJ

Diesel Donna

I have not driven my CS since the Knott's/Galpin weekend in April, mostly because I have been far too busy. But another reason was the steering and braking had been very squirlly for a long time. Whenever I apply the brakes the car makes a lane change to the left so I have to counter-steer.....not a very safe way to drive. I've had the steering checked out many times to no avail.

On the way home from Galpin, CougarCJ had been following along on the freeway and noticed how my car was handling.

Scott hadn't forgotten that and two days ago he offered to come over and look at my brakes for me! I still have drum brakes all around and the rear shoes were paper thin. Scott knew just the right local mom and pop brake shop to go get parts and he replaced my shoes. The drums didn't need turning.
He wouldn't let me compensate him for labor but he is promised a dinner either homemade or the restaurant of his choice whenever he so desires.

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Scott for helping a lady in distress and to say that the generosity and thoughtfulness of the people on this site never ends. I just might take the car to the Route 66 four day car show now because they are celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 68 Mustangs and they particularly mentioned the California Special on their website.

Now about those disc brakes......

THANK YOU SCOTT!!

Donna

sam

wow....you have a good friend there Donna..................
As they say "pay it forward"

Sam