• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

World of Wheels 2007

PFSlim

Our World of Wheels is scheduled for Feb 16-18 here in Kansas City. Our GT/CS will be there for the third year in a row. Each year I vow I will never do another but it seems I can't turn down my Mustang Club.

This year, I look forward to putting our new diecast on display!!

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks to all. Zach and I look forward to a new showing season and telling the story of the car.

Perk, if you are up this way, come by and look us up. I am sure that I can get you a ticket for the show if you are interested.

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Today is move in day. Last night, I assisted the cobra club in marking all the parking spaces for the World of Wheels. Weather here is cold, snow on the ground, streets not in good shape for moving cars in to World of Wheels. Makes me so glad I spent so much time cleaning underneath side of car when it will get very trashed today.

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

We are back from World of Wheels in Kansas City. I was placed in the Alt Restored class and received my first World of Wheels "Best of Class". Previously, we had won "Outstanding in Class in 2005 and 2006. Brian also showed his AC Cobra Replica and won another "Outstanding in Class".

Move in day turned out to be pretty ugly. We had alot of snow and ice and the cars really got messed up moving them in without use of a trailer. Many of the attendees were drawn to the new GT/CS model.

Paul

Mustanger

We are back from World of Wheels in Kansas City. I was placed in the Alt Restored class and received my first World of Wheels "Best of Class". Previously, we had won "Outstanding in Class in 2005 and 2006. Brian also showed his AC Cobra Replica and won another "Outstanding in Class".

Move in day turned out to be pretty ugly. We had alot of snow and ice and the cars really got messed up moving them in without use of a trailer. Many of the attendees were drawn to the new GT/CS model.

Paul

Paul,

You guys are awesome!!! ... Someday you ought to post a pic of all the awards and trophies you won ...

Perkchiro

Congrats Paul: Well deserved award. Maybe I can make it to the show next year. I don't want to drive my car that far yet, so maybe I can trailer it. Hopefully there will be less ice and snow to tackle too.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

This is not that good of a picture and is missing the plaque from the 2007 World of Wheels. Since I have moved my office, I can no longer keep them together so Zach is keeping plaques in his room and I keep the trophies in my new office.

Sorry for the bad picture.

Paul

Attachments

• trophies.JPG
    trophies.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 27

68gt390

Congrats Paul. That's what it's all about. Driving and showing our GT/CS's so folks can see exactly what these cars are all about. Congratulations again. You guys did an awsome job.

Don :wink:

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

World of Wheels KC

Here is a couple of pictures an expert shot at World of Wheels here in Kansas City. His name is Cameron Jackson and believe he is local.

I liked the shots and have asked for permission by him to show these two photographs.

Paul

Attachments

• WOWCarShow_February2007_0198.jpg
    WOWCarShow_February2007_0198.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 31
  • WOWCarShow_February2007_0201.jpg
    WOWCarShow_February2007_0201.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 27

PB GT/CS

I am back, sorry for being gone so long. I will relate a short story to you all about Paul and Zach's set up and the awards program at the show. I was over at the Cobra display with my cobra gear on so I would occasionally walk over to evesdrop on some conversations around the car. For those of you that are interested, the CS draws as much if not more interest than do the cobras.

Two car guys were looking all around the show. I had seen them at several other displays. They came to the Mustang display and went carefully around each car. Paul and Zach had the Marti report nicely displayed, the model in nice display, the two calendars were right there. The guys walked around then one said to the other "My bet is this is the most expensive car at this show". I mentioned that to Paul and we approached them to find out just why they felt so. They had not yet heard about CSs but recognized the Shelby parts and made the assumption it was a "Carroll Shelby" (CS) car. Interesting what one learns at some of these shows.

Just so you know, I made a fool of myself at the awards cermony sitting between Zach and Paul right near the top of the big theater. A lot of folks were there and the big dogs were getting their share. The guy giving out the awards first skipped the class the CS was in, then came back and named those that had were "good" in class, then the ones that were "Outstanding" in class and stopped. Paul leaned forward and told Zach, "we missed this year son". Then the presenter leaned forward and said, "Best in Class" goes to Paul and Zach Stevenson, 1968 Mustang California Special". Paul was like "Wow", I jumped out of my seat with a fist pump "Yeah" and made an absolute fool of myself.

Well, I gotta tell ya, as we have recently learned life can be short. To see Paul and Zach with this big placque was worth the price of admission. When I am drooling out the side of my mouth and cant remember my own name, I will remember that moment.

Best to you all,

Brian

Diesel Donna

Paul leaned forward and told Zach, "we missed this year son". Then the presenter leaned forward and said, "Best in Class" goes to Paul and Zach Stevenson, 1968 Mustang California Special". Paul was like "Wow", I jumped out of my seat with a fist pump "Yeah" and made an absolute fool of myself.

Well, I gotta tell ya, as we have recently learned life can be short. To see Paul and Zach with this big placque was worth the price of admission. When I am drooling out the side of my mouth and cant remember my own name, I will remember that moment.

Best to you all,

Brian

Oooooohhh Brian you did not make a fool of yourself! I would have whooped and done the same thing! I got goosebumps just reading your post!
Outstanding job gentlemen!!! :flag:

~~~~Donna