• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stevenson GT/CS (SOLD!!!)

PFSlim

It is a bittersweet day for the Stevenson garage. We have sold our GT/CS to a member on the site. This was my hope all along to have someone on the site buy the car as I very much wanted someone who knew what it is, how much work went into it, and how to properly take care of the car.

I would rather the new owner post the deails when ready but I can say that that after almost 41 years, the car is "headed back home"!! :)

I am extremely pleased that the car is going to a great new owner and look forward to coming on the site and looking at freshly posted pics and stories of the "old Stevenson GT/CS".

So... a new chapter really begins in our garage. Zach and I can now focus on bringing the AC Cobra Replica "Black Pearl" to life. I know I speak for Zach, my brother Brian, and myself when I say that we are thrilled to restore and share our car with a geat bunch of folks.

By the way - Is is exceptable to the membership that a "AC Cobra Replica" post ideas and thoughts on this site?? :)

Best Regards to all

Paul

Attachments

• Stevenson1.jpg
    Stevenson1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 40

6t8-390gt

Congratulations, I can't imagine how you are feeling now. As you said you can now move forward with your next project; I am sure it will turn out as nice or nicer than the C/S.

Danny

rvrtrash

By the way - Is is exceptable to the membership that a "AC Cobra Replica" post ideas and thoughts on this site?? :)

Paul

I for one, have no problem with an individual who has an interest in CS's participating in the site, whether they have one or not. You have a wealth of knowledge which will always be appreciated by many here. I'm sorry to see your car leave you, but wish you luck and happiness in your future projects.

Steve

robert campbell

DUDE,
You are welcome in my book. All you have to do to be welcome on this site is bleed "Ford Blue"!!!!

Love Cobra kit cars and anything powered by a Ford engine!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...Not to mention your award-winning, proven, applied knowledge and invaluable expertise when it comes to every aspect of these cars. I think "Dr. Stevenson" (PhD of GT) shall be your new title ;-)

Your generosity, openness, experience and class example would be sorely missed if you didn't stick around Paul!....

Perkchiro

I agree with the comments above Paul. That's one lucky son of a gun to get that beautiful Stevenson GT/CS in their garage. I only wish I had the room for it or I would have jumped on it earlier. And, by all means please post the progress on that Cobra. Stay on the site and converse with us regularly. Otherwise, you would be sorely missed.

PonyGal

It is a bittersweet day for the Stevenson garage. We have sold our GT/CS to a member on the site. This was my hope all along to have someone on the site buy the car as I very much wanted someone who knew what it is, how much work went into it, and how to properly take care of the car.

I would rather the new owner post the deails when ready but I can say that that after almost 41 years, the car is "headed back home"!! :)

I am extremely pleased that the car is going to a great new owner and look forward to coming on the site and looking at freshly posted pics and stories of the "old Stevenson GT/CS".

Best Regards to all

Paul

Well, I am extremely happy to announce that I am the PROUD new owner of the "Stevenson GT/CS"!!

I've constantly dreamed of owning one of these beautiful cars, however I always figured that it would just remain a dream. When this opportunity landed in my lap (with a little help from Midnight Special who pointed Paul in my direction) I knew that I could not pass it up! I truly believe that this was a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity and I thank God that I could actually take advantage of it!! To own such a magnificent piece of Mustang history, not to mention a meticulously restored and well cared for piece of Mustang history, is a dream come true for me. I don't believe that I'll be coming down off of 'Cloud 9' for quite a while!!!

Paul, thank you so much for giving me the chance to carry on the "Stevenson GT/CS" legacy. I will take extremely good care of the car and I am sure it will be a hit at the local shows here in California. I will post pictures!! If you ever find yourself out this way, please feel free to stop by and take it for a spin!

Okay, enough of all the words! I just want to say...

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it sitting in my garage in a few weeks!

Last edited:

robert campbell

Renee,
YOU ARE ONE LUCKY GAL!!! What a beautiful representation of a piece of Mustang history!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...And Paul; When it comes to Renee and taking immaculate care of her new car, I can only say that I'm glad she's a family friend and not my landlord! I wouldn't stand a prayer of collecting my cleaning deposit upon handing something back to her based on Her standards!! The "Stevenson GT/CS" will be HER pride and all of OUR joy in the NorCal collection of CSs we love so much. You will never be out of touch w/ its doings and the welcome mat is out as always! Now all I need is a replacement driver for my white CS.....Renee's former favorite ;-)

U D-SIDE

PonyGal...you are one luck lady. You don't know just how close I was to making that purchase. Paul & I have been emailing back & forth now for some time & have many emails saved in a special folder. I was forced to withdraw an offer I had made back mid December...due to some finances. I have just cleared that up this past weekend & was planning to get back w/ Paul after having received a deposit (yesterday) on some commercial property.

Anyway... CONGRATULATIONS!!
I'LL get mine one day. You guys keep your eyes open for me.

Take care PonyGal.

Johnny B.

Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Congrats to both of you. It's nice to see that great car stay in our little family here on the forums.:grin:

HappyHour

I cant imagine it going to a more deserving person...congrats Renee!! And just in time for Grass valley to show off YOUR NEW CS!!! Tim I knew you had your "mitts" in the somewhere!!

I have to admit I got goosebumps when I read Renee's post as I will be able to actually see this perfect specimen so close by (and yes returning home).

Wow!! :grin:

Robert

Midnight Special

I cant imagine it going to a more deserving person...congrats Renee!! And just in time for Grass valley to show off YOUR NEW CS!!! Tim I knew you had your "mitts" in the somewhere!!

I have to admit I got goosebumps when I read Renee's post as I will be able to actually see this perfect specimen so close by (and yes returning home).

Wow!! :grin:

Robert

...Robert, you're coming to Grass Valley, right? Can you swing thru Sacramento and grab "Clubpro"? It would be fun to do our 10-mile convoy to downtown... :) I'm going to request a formation fly-by over the event as well.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

All.

I appreciate the responses back. I am sorry that the trade didn't work out for Johnny B. We will all keep an eye for you!!

I am thrilled to death that Renee' bought the car. We have a few things to do to it before we can deliver it. We want to get the car up on the rack and give her a serious cleaning and once over before her trip. I feel the need to make her look like new (as best i can). I return from a week long of massive travel and look forward to starting the cleaning process.

I look forward to staying on the site. I for one, am looking forward to the pictures and post of the "PonyGal GT/CS" from now on!!!

Paul

hotrodgrany

Congtats PonyGal on your purchase and I know you will take more than excellent care of her. I agree with the rest about keeping her in the family. Yes, pictures of you and your CS, ok.

PonyGal

Wow, I am thankful for all the wonderful responses to this announcement. I honestly do feel very lucky to have aquired such a beautiful car. Thank you again Paul. She will be extremely well taken care of!!

Johnny B, I wish you the best of luck in finding a GT/CS that you can treasure as much as I will this one.

Robert, come by any time and I'll take you for a spin in her. I might even let you drive it :smile: Please try your best to come up to Grass Valley again this year! It is one of the best shows around and we all had such a great time last year!!

I too am very happy that this car will remain here on the site with this wonderful family. I just hope I can live up to the "Stevenson GT/CS" name. I'll certainly give it my best shot!! Kathy, We will post pictures as soon as she arrives!!

Got her insured today, so we can start making preparations to get her shipped. I am so looking forward to sliding behind the wheel and turning the key for the first time.... Oops, got lost on "Cloud 9" again :grin: :grin: :grin:

Last edited:

CALIF GIRL

Congrats Renee. I know you will treat your new CS the way she deserves.

HappyHour

:wink:
...Robert, you're coming to Grass Valley, right? Can you swing thru Sacramento and grab "Clubpro"? It would be fun to do our 10-mile convoy to downtown... :) I'm going to request a formation fly-by over the event as well.

Hey there Tim...was gonna chime in the Grass Valley thread. I definitely have my eyes set on Grass Valley (aeseom weather hsitoric downtown) and if I can make it I will surely coordinate with ClubPro.

The only issue Im dealing with is forthcoming restructuring at work which will effect if Im here or backbacking Base Camp Mt Everest burning my severence. :wink:

Ill PM you guys offline as we get closer to the date. I looked at the application and didnt see any deadline for entry. Ill check again.

Midnight Special

...Roger that Robert, Re; deadline, you can apply upon arrival b/c I've essentially reserved a large space where we will all show together. Don't worry about "photos & approval" in this case - you're with us! Our only big threat is Renee or possibly Nate showing up & killing any chance we have at trophys! Try to come up a day or two before if possible.... We'll need every hour to polish & detail!!!!!!

;-)

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

If there are trophies involved, I am putting what money i have on Renee'. Sorry guys.....you got no chance!! :)

Paul