• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchal 653 one wire Fog Lights?

miller511

All,

I picked up a set of Marchal 653's awhile back. They have one wire each exiting the base...no connector on the end. I assume (but will verify) that the Marchal is internally grounded to the case.

My current Lucas setup has two wires (and a nice mating connector).

The wiring harness on the car has a molded two wire connector...looks like one is male and one is female.

Which wire does the Marchal connect to (m or f)? Are the mating connectors available through NPD or elsewhere?

Thanks, Jeff

franklinair

The Marchals presently listed on E-bay have 2 wires - one red, one black.

Neil

rvrtrash

All,

Which wire does the Marchal connect to (m or f)? Are the mating connectors available through NPD or elsewhere?

Thanks, Jeff

Customarily, the female/shielded wire will be positive on the supply (wiring harness) side. If you have a connector that's not plugged into something, you don't want the positive to come in contact with a ground, therefore, it's shielded.

Steve

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Hey thanks guys.

Boy, I sure wasn't thinking real clearly when I sent this out. Duh, of course the shielded side would be the positive voltage. Thanks Steve!!!

somethingspecial

Fog light pigtail

Hi Jeff, I found the 64-67 foglamp bulb pigtail is the ticket. I used one (PN. C5ZZ-15A212-A) on my Marchal's and it has the correct bullit pin connector to plug into the fog lamp harness. it is a dual wire insulation, so you just split (pull apart) the two wires and use one on each fog lamp. I'll pick one up today for you and bring it to Galpin. Mike

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Thanks Mike.

Very cool of you to bring that for me.

Yep, we'll see you all on Saturday for the Galpin get-together...I can't wait!!!

Just got back from getting the rear three windows tinted on the '07 CS. It looks quite a bit better IMO... and should keep some of the heat out!

-Jeff