• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Replace Powersteer Pump

nates68

Has Anybody Rebuilt Or Replaced Their Pump? Where Did You Get It ?
What Was The Cost?
Thanks, Nates68

CALIF GIRL

I bought mine on ebay. The pump was easier to find than the brackets. After I finally got it all together I found California Mustang now has brackets.

Most of the Mustang parts places have re manufacured pumps, if you have a core to give them.

rvrtrash

I bought my pump at NAPA and paid the core charge to keep my original one. The rebuilt one looks identical to the original though. I don't remember the price, but if you go online, you can find the suggested retail. I get big discounts because of the amount of business I do with them.

Steve

robert campbell

Ah the brackets, pulleys, and stuff......

Make sure you keep your orginal for the pulley if you do not go with a Mustang supplier. There are many different pulleys on these pumps. And swapping takes a puller that most times is available at your local store. A good local store will actually swap the pulleys for you so you can leave the core with them.

Rob

OP
OP
nates68

nates68

Thanks Rob, I Got A Rebuilt Pump And Kept My Orginal Pulley.
I Was Putting A Highvolume Waterpump And Decided I Would Replace The Steering Pump Also. These Were The Only Things I Havent Replaced On My Motor.

sam

I got a rebuilt pump from NAPA but had to replace it twice. The 1st one began leaking after 1 year, and the 2n one was way too loud ( a howler as they say). I had troubles with the pulley because of it being worn which was a real hassle. I searched all over and finally did a Google search and found a new power steering pump pulley from Mustang Parts House in Dublin, CA @ 1-800-956-8782. I paid $69.00 with shipping, but it works beautiful!
Sam

OP
OP
nates68

nates68

Thanks Sam, I Hope I Dont Have The Sane Trouble

Nates68