• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Steering column cover

gt/csj4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-OEM...Parts_Accessories&hash=item564f71d4cd&vxp=mtr

Hey all once again!

I was over at Bobs house yesterday, showing off my new little girl :cheesy:, and remebered to ask if he had a spare steering column cover (the one that hides the wire loom for the turn signal, horn etc that resides under the column itself). He wasnt sure if all 68's (69's from what I read) came with them, or if it was merely just for tilt steering cars? (All ones I have seen listed on ebay, suggest they are for them anyway)

Mr. Teets' beautifully restored 68 FB has it on his car (non- tilt steering car mind you) BUT his tilt steering Cal Spec. (Paul Newitt's old car) doesnt appear to have one... possibly due to; being lost, not installed, or simply gone forever. My question: to which Bob and I could not distinguish fact for it, did ALL 68-69 Mustangs receive this cover? Or is it simply for tilt steering cars? The link listed above is meerly for reference, as I am sure Bobby can/will find cheeper covers in-town. However, I want to make sure that this is correct for my/our cars?
Thank you all in advance!!

Cheers,
Joe T- :cool:

somethingspecial

Joe, Don't buy any yet, let me check my parts, I may have one for you, as well as the one from PMNs car. I still have boxes of stuff from him with Mustang Parts. Don't hold me to that, but I'll check.

To the best of my knowledge, all columns had the cover.

somethingspecial

I found one in my parts boxes, compared to my fixed column car, it is slightly shorter (by a 1/2 inch +-) than the fixed column cover. I don't have access to my Tilt Column car to compare it with. Since this came out of a box from PMN, and it is the same color (dark charcoal) as the PMN car, I would assume it is for it. I will send it to Bob Teets, if it doesn't fit his car, than he can give it to you to try. I know I have a fixed column cover out in the shed as well, but I'm sure you know how that goes, buried.

hicountrybob

Joe, Don't buy any yet, let me check my parts, I may have one for you, as well as the one from PMNs car. I still have boxes of stuff from him with Mustang Parts. Don't hold me to that, but I'll check.

To the best of my knowledge, all columns had the cover.

OH, keep lookin, Mike and let me know if you have the one for the PMN car. Thanks, Mike. Bob T. here.

somethingspecial

Thanks Richard, That is perfect. The one I found IS for Bob's car. You hear that Bob, Found yours. LOL. It will be on its way soon. gtcsj4, I will keep looking for one for you, unless someone else might have one available and has their hands on it. I'll have to dig for the other one.

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

Thanks Mike. Bob called yesterday (STILL have not called back ) anyway, there is a local supplier (co. mustang) that has three standard column sets, for 10 bucks a piece, which I am more then happy to spend.