• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 HCS core support markings

Ruppstang

I am restoring a 1968 High Country Special. When we were doing the media blasting we discovered these factory markings on the core support under many coats of black paint. These marks were made with a wax pen so when the media hit it smeared a bit. I think it was a # 9 and a 51 in a circle. 51 was the Devver DSO number and where the HCS cars were sold. As you may know Ford build the GT-CS and HCS in batches and I belive that the #9 ment that our car was the ninth car in that batch. I was wondering if anyone on this site has any marks like this on their core support? Marty

Attachments

• core support markings #2.jpg
    core support markings #2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Mustang_Parts_Image_4.jpg
    Mustang_Parts_Image_4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 31

di81977

Pretty cool. The only marking I ever found on my HCS was a "5" on the floor under the passenger seat.

Attachments

• HCS Marking.jpg
    HCS Marking.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 37

dalorzo_f

Just saw a post elsewhere on the numbers on the seat pans. Marked by the installer of the headliner for QA/QC purposes, per that thread.. I found a "3" in my S GT coupe...

J_Speegle

Pretty cool. The only marking I ever found on my HCS was a "5" on the floor under the passenger seat.

Yes we just found out the other day that the number was the installers number(discussed over on that other site ;). One of the installers visited the shop the other day and we got that (as well as the process) from him.