• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

When is new book coming out

dbeal

Paul,

When is your new GT/CS book coming out. I've been looking for it for a while

Thanks

Darrell

P

PNewitt

Thanks, Darrell,

It's ironic that you ask--I was just about to post a thread on this subject.

What's happened is that I literally "have created a monster", in that the '89 and '96 book prompted this site, then the old books were selling for $280 on EBAY, then Ford saw the book, and came out with the '07 and now the '08 GT/CS. I thought that this was actually "over" back in 1996....then the internet came along....

Since I have a sometimes intense and comprohensive writing style, but the bar was raised higher on me through some of the past threads here, with very detailed questions--and answers. SO--what that means is that I need to cover a lot more bases, and in much greater detail and research than ever before. I was just in Pismo Beach looking for 1968 filming permits for the Ford (JWT) commercial...(they didn't have any, BTW, too long ago). I'm also waiting for a couple more critical interviews, and the 2008 GT/CS specs still need to come from Ford.

No doubt, this WILL be the most documented Mustang ever in print.

I know to some of you it looks like procrastinating, but I have other projects, that are now finished (I've read some of my own posts here from 2005, and cringe at the delays).

So--in a nutshell, here is the deal: I'm getting the flier put together this and next week (absolutely). I've had to include a questionairre with some parts inquiries, and other questions about what you'd like to do for the 40th. I've also decided to ask for deposits for books, too (for those who wish to get low numbered copies), when I send out the fliers.

I can tell everyone now that the finish date will be Jan 31, 2008, which is also an important 1968 production date. It may be before that date, but that is my committed date.

Paul N.

zozobra

Flyer

Paul,

I know there are a number of us, like me, wondering if we are on your flyer mailing list. I am signed up on this site and filled out an electrinoc form about my car afetr I bought it 1 1/2 years ago but I don't know for sure whether that guarantees that you know who I am and I want to make sure I put in my deposit. Perhaps rather than having to answer the hundreds, or perhaps thousands, folks wondering that would it possible to put something on the site when the flyer does go out saying that it did? In that way folks would know in a reasonably short time if they are on the list without pestering you unnecessarily with that question.

P

PNewitt

Paul,

I know there are a number of us, like me, wondering if we are on your flyer mailing list. I am signed up on this site and filled out an electrinoc form about my car afetr I bought it 1 1/2 years ago but I don't know for sure whether that guarantees that you know who I am and I want to make sure I put in my deposit. Perhaps rather than having to answer the hundreds, or perhaps thousands, folks wondering that would it possible to put something on the site when the flyer does go out saying that it did? In that way folks would know in a reasonably short time if they are on the list without pestering you unnecessarily with that question.

Hi Zozobra,

Jon Hanna, the webmaster has been sending me printouts of the GT/CS Registrations for some time now, and we should be up to speed on that. If you sent your reg. in 1-1/2 years ago, I should have it. I will be asking Jon to send me an updated list ASAP as well.

I would suggest that people PM me, but I have a limited amount of messages I can have there. Those who have sent their updated address info in the past two years or so to me have been included.

If anyone wants to be absolutely sure that they are on my mailing list, you can send me a postcard (or short letter) with your contact info to me at: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617. Please send it immediately, if you are unsure. I'll most likely be mailing the book info & questionairre to you in mid-Sept.

Thanks for asking....and..gosh no....no one would be "pestering me" at all. I welcome your questions and making sure that I have your information. I appreciate your interest and enthusuasm very, very much!!!

Paul Newitt