• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MNW Roundup in Wa-who's coming?

aemoo28

At last! I have a webpage to share with anyone interested in attending my club's annual event here in Washington state. Roundup will be a 4 day event- pls see the calendar- July 17th, 18th, 19th 20th. There is a sponsor hotel with a discount for mustang people.

OF COURSE I'm begging for a GT/CS reserved space for us GT/CS people. Mine was Car of the Month for January, so I should have some pull!

I remember from a prior thread a few people who were planning to come. Pls remind me, if you would, so I can submit an approximate number of spaces to hold for our cars- which will be by year. I'll be wearing my AEMOO28 shirt so you can find me!

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page11272.asp?pid=11272&tid=11272

Notice the two CalSpecials in the pony corral!

Amy :icon_wink

GT/CS S Code

We're still "in" for it ....!

Well, unless the dam breaks (or the car breaks) Laurie and I are still planning to attend the WA Roundup in July. We'll see how many days off we can arrange at our two jobs and try to make as many of the 4 days as possible. How soon do we need to book with the sponsor hotel?
We still have quite a bit of work to do on the car, but it is scheduled for the near future. I bought a new, complete "Painless" wiring harness for the car, and we hope to install it shortly, but that will likely be a fairly major job. We still need to clean up and install the factory styled GT wheel set that I bought and get these "centreline" style mags off of her too. We want to give all the brakes a once over, and replace any worn components before a big road trip, and last, but not least, we need to install the pair of stainless steel rolled tip quad GT exhaust tips too. At that point if we get time to accomplish any other addtional work it will be a bonus!
We're looking forward to meeting many of the other GT/CS forum members there, especially Arlie.
Keep us posted on any new details as you get them .....
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code
PS: Are there any gas station chains in WA selling 94 octane Super Premium fuel? Up here in Canada we can only buy it through the Chevron stations.

68 special

Count me in. I should have it all back together by then. Is there going to be a get together for the Pony Trails also? I'm planning on doing that also for the first time. If there are others doing the trail, we could pick a place to meet prior. Do you know where they are meeting before heading to Leavenworth?
I can't wait. Maybe the snow in the pass will be gone!!!!!

Bret

Mosesatm

At last! I have a webpage to share with anyone interested in attending my club's annual event here in Washington state. Roundup will be a 4 day event- pls see the calendar- July 17th, 18th, 19th 20th. There is a sponsor hotel with a discount for mustang people.

OF COURSE I'm begging for a GT/CS reserved space for us GT/CS people. Mine was Car of the Month for January, so I should have some pull!

I remember from a prior thread a few people who were planning to come. Pls remind me, if you would, so I can submit an approximate number of spaces to hold for our cars- which will be by year. I'll be wearing my AEMOO28 shirt so you can find me!

Notice the two CalSpecials in the pony corral!

Amy :icon_wink

I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday but not both. Too many obligations on the other side of the state.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Home base is Bellevue Community College. We start there for the Pony Trails. There are usually 100+ cars for this ride across the mountains. We can all exchange contact info so we are together.

94 octane super- I will look at the 3 Chevrons in my area & get back to you.

Sat is the judged show then a big dinner at the brewery. Sun would probably be more fun at the People's Choice show.

DeadStang

We're coming and bringing up two Mustangs, but no CS/GT this year, unfortunately :-( Look for us in my husband's '69 Gulfstream Aqua Mach and some other Mustang that I'll be driving (depends upon what's currently running and reliable by then!).

koronen

BTW, I saw another black Cali on post today, it had silver racing stripes and the Rousch spoiler.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Roundup Rsvp List

I need an update on how many people know for sure are coming Sat/Sun (parking for both days will be reserved).

We have an honorary spot reserved for 12 cars, if there are more than 12, we can either scrunch together or move to another spot. The '68 & '07/'08 will be together unless you want to do your "own" thing.

calspcl '68 blue

timmckz '68 Highland Green

me- aemoo28 '08 black

Koronen '08 black (?)

Risaak '07 white

robertcampbell (maybe ?)

rvrtrash (maybe ?)

GT/CS S code '68 [so far I've seen 93 octane at Texaco]

68 special '68 yellow

mosesatm '68

oneeyejohn '68 red

deadstang (minus the GT/CS)

Bill Norman '68 blue

clubpro (maybe ?)

Anyone else? I know it's still early. aemoo28@yahoo.com

Last edited:

risaak

The way it currently looks I will be there Friday for the Pony trails and Sunday for the show.

koronen

The July work schedule still hasn't come out...I work every other weekend, so if it is my weekend off, I can definitely make it...if not, I will be sad =(.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Wa Roundup Update-CS featured car

Our GT/CS cars are being honored in the spotlight at Roundup this year. I've arranged room for ?12 cars in the honorary section.

There is a lot just for us, the '68/'07/'08 GT/CS section. I don't have exact reserved inividual spots, as some of you are coming Sat, some Sun. I'm really excited that MNW has chosen our CalSpecial model as the feature car this year. I have GT/CS raffle items, info boards, and Paul's swanky article in the Roundup magazine.

I won't be atttending the Pony Trails drive to Leavenworth, as this is the day I take my state nursing boards (July 18th-8am). I will be with you in spirit!

Thurs July 17- autocross in Monroe.
Fri July 18- Mustang parade across highway 2 to Leavenworth
Sat July 19- Judged show at Bellevue Community College (registration is closed
Sun July 20- People's choice show at the college, CS crazy day!

Again, I'm SO EXCITED to see and meet many of you at this event! Look for my black '08 with specialized plate "AEMOO28". If you had to choose a day to attend, I'd say to come Sunday for the people's choice show. This is the day I'll be free to shmooze as well.

PM me with any questions.

Amy Moores

GT/CS S Code

Unfortunately we won't make it after all ....

Sadly, after another day of working on the car in our driveway, there are just too many mechanical issues to deal with before it would be safe to make such a long trip.
We'll plan on attending next year's Roundup, when the car is completed.
Sorry we won't make this one, we were looking forward to finally meeting some of the forum members in person ....
:sad:
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code