• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dennis Gage - My Classic Car

Skychief

Sue, Hoss and I got to get away to the car show in Polson, Montana the weekend of 8/12 & 13. The show was well attended, about 360 cars. Dennis Gage of the Speed Channel show My Classic Car was there. He came down Main Street in his golf cart about 10 minutes after we were parked, spotted our car, slammed on the brakes and asked Sue if it was a "real" California Special. Sue replied that it was and Dennis got out, looked the car over, asked what parts were unique to the CS and visited for a short while. Sue had the pesence of mind to ask him for a picture, which he was happy to accomodate. I have to say I was suprised that he Knew what a California Special Mustang is. We had a great weekend and stayed with some old friends we haven't gotten to see for a long time. It continues to amaze me how our cars bring good people together.

The other picture was taken in front of the State Capitol here in Helena.

Ken, Sue & Hoss

Attachments

• DSCF0312.JPG
    DSCF0312.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0307.JPG
    DSCF0307.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 43

Mustanger

It looks like you had a good time ... I've seen Dennis Gage at the Route 66 San Bernardino Show and he seems to know alot about different cars ... that's cool that you were able to get a pic w/ him ...

OP
OP
S

Skychief

We did have a great time. No the tape wasn't rolling, but that's ok it just made us very happy that the car got his attention. It was fun to watch how many people looked at it and knew there was something "special" but couldn't figure it out until they would see the script on the quarter panels. I think that say's alot about our GT/CS cars. RedGTvert, sorry the tape is no longer available. Suppose there is any chance of putting a want to buy on ebay and coming up with it?

Mustanger

RedGTvert said:
The 70 Mach I sold this spring was a featured car on MCC.

http://www.myclassiccar.com/MCCTV/1999Season/996103/index.shtml

Unfortunately, it was the PO who owned the car at the time. He didn't have a tape of the show, and when I tried to buy from them, it was not available any longer.

Your Mach 1 looks alot like my Mach 1. What did you have in it?? Sorry to hear you weren't able to get the show's taping ... hope you can find it ...

RedGTvert

The car is gone thanks to Barrett-Jackson, so it is up to the next owner to try and get the tape, which I doubt he will do. It is probably sitting in an AC'd warehouse with the rest of his collection.

Mustanger, it was a 428CJ. Sweet combo, Calypso Coral with White interior. Don't see may that way

Mustanger

RedGTvert said:
The car is gone thanks to Barrett-Jackson, so it is up to the next owner to try and get the tape, which I doubt he will do. It is probably sitting in an AC'd warehouse with the rest of his collection.

Mustanger, it was a 428CJ. Sweet combo, Calypso Coral with White interior. Don't see may that way

I guess the pic's are hard to determine exactly the color combo ... mine is a Candyapple Red, Black interior w/ the 351-4v Cleveland ... that car is always a blast to drive ...

hcsstang

The AACA Museum is having a fund raising dinner and Dennis Gage will be the guest speaker. The price this year is $115 per ticket. ($50 tax deductible). I think that I will stay home.

PFSlim

I tried to get Dennis to come by and look at my car while he was doing a guest appearance at the Kansas City World of Wheels. He did not ever come over to look. He would have seen the same color of car!!

Paul