• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Master Cylinder Line kit

Sarge

Anyone know of a local shop (prefer online) that I can order the Master Cylinder brake line kit from? I need the two brake lines that run from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve and the "other" block (don't know name of it).

I have looked locally and on line and can't find anyone that has a set available. Even Scott Drake is currently out of them.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Ruppstang

One is Fine lines and the other is Classic Tube. I have had good luck with Classic Tube. If you need phone #s let me know and I'll find them. Marty

green56

brake tubing

I have used classic tubin g for my 66 conv i bought the stainless steal no problem fit perfect phone number 1 800 882-3711

green56

I used classic tubing for my 66 conv i bought the stainless steal tubing it fit perfect phone is 1 800 882-3711

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

Thanks all. I did check with Ron, and he called around trying to find a set. Thanks Ron. I will check with classic tubing above and see what they have.:wink:

Robert

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

Thanks to all for the help/suggestions. A friend came over and bent a line for me, but I am still looking for correct ones.
Anyway, I got my power booster back from "booster dewey" up in OR, and installed it a couple of weekends ago. Yesterday, I got a friend to help me bleed the brakes. A quick trip around the block confirmed that the vacuum leak that I had coming from the power booster was the culprit of at least 3 (and maybe more) problems that I had been experiencing:
1) Poor brakes (duhhh, u think?)
2) Rough idling when under a load (like in gear) and stopped
3) Transmission "slamming" from park into reverse or drive when shifting.

Anyway, it is all good now, and is running better than it has in years.
A special shout out to Rob, Cory and Steve for the knowing nods, "does it do this?" and then the "power booster needs to be rebuilt" affirmation.

Thanks mucho guys!!!

Robert