• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help a sister out please, car fire

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Checked on the car last Saturday, the fenders are back on but still a ways to go. Maybe a couple of weeks before they shoot the paint. Neil did excellent work on the dash and wiring, very impressive. Mike is taking care of my grill. Still so hard to look at the car and think of what happened and when she will look new again.
In my head I see myself driving her all spanking new! OH! I finally decided that I would add the air conditioning afterall. Now THAT is gonna be weird after having her for almost 41 years with no a/c.
::::::::Excited but being vewy vewy patient::::::::::::

Cool Manchu

Donna, who are you going to have paint the car? I am looking for someone good to work with in the Bay Area. I don't mind doing all of the prep work, but I need someone who can do paint, a new vinyl roof and replace all the weather sealing (which I already have).

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Donna, who are you going to have paint the car? I am looking for someone good to work with in the Bay Area. I don't mind doing all of the prep work, but I need someone who can do paint, a new vinyl roof and replace all the weather sealing (which I already have).

The restoration shop I am using has sent her to FIX auto paint. I believe they are a franchise. The man who owns the shop has a beautiful black Fastback Mustang and they did everything there.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Not really Doug. I don't get much time to go to the shop and check on it due to my work schedule and it is an hour to get there. I did go two weeks ago and told them I have very long patience but when I'm done...I'm done. The body shop is the one holding everything up and thanks for the reminder, I'm going to call them today!

Mosesatm

Donna, remember that when your patience runs out you can send me the body and I'll take care of it for you!!:wink:

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Just talked to the body shop and they hope to shoot the primer this weekend.

YAAAY!!!

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

I can't believe that the last time I posted was in September. Yes I can. This has been a very frustrating deal I've been going through. At the end of this month has been a YEAR since my baby burned up.
Well FINALLY, tomorrow she goes in for paint No, REALLY.
I'm taking the day off work to observe.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Well she's painted!! I even got to shoot some of the paint myself! It's been a week now and I'm not sure what has been done since then. Still needs some metal dash work, dash pad and wiring (Neil), carpet, seats, etc. Then the engine, trans, grille (Mike) fog lamps (Arlie). Lots more to do but thrilled that it is finally painted.

robert campbell

Gosh, what color is it??? Like I don't know!!! You Lime Goldie's sure stick together!!! Val's Fastback was lime gold!!!

Rob

rvrtrash

Glad it's all coming together for you Donna. It's been a long journey.

Steve

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Okay folks. Remember me? Going on THREE years now for this restoration.
Engine and tranny are in, a/c getting finished up. Still many more issues with the paint and body guy who doesn't think he needs to put holes in the hood and hood pins. He just slapped a standard hood on and thinks he's done.
Grrrrrr!
So here is what I need. Fog light PEDESTALS! Who can find any? I know High Country Bob used to be our go to guy for that but has anyone taken that over? Advice please.

Thanks!