• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchal Lens

nfrntau

I won the bid on this Marchal light on e-bay a while back. I have one original light that has a few rust spots on the back side of the chrome.
The chrome on this light was better than the chrome on my good light.
The lens is whats grabbing me. I kind of like the look of this 658 and think it might be brighter than the 656. The housing size is identical and only the purists would know. (That would be y'all)
Does anyone know where to get a 658 lens and if so will it/should it cost as much as a 656?
Thanks BIll

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

This is what the 658 looks like.

Attachments

• 1f_12_sb.jpg
    1f_12_sb.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 15

Mosesatm

If any purists did question the lights you could always feed them an outlandish story about these lights being the original lights that were supplied on only the first 6 cars. The factory decided to switch over to the lower candlepower lights for fear of the feds banning the lights but the ploy didn't work and the lights got recalled anyway.....or something like that. It'd be fun to pull that on an MCA judge and have him fall for it!!!

68sunlitgold

Bill,
email Hans at info@italparts.com he may have some 658's lenses for sale. By the way, these lights where considered "Driving lights" where the 656's where considersed "Fog lights". That is why they are brighter.

Doug

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=1693;start=0#msg10592 date=1116308349]
If any purists did question the lights you could always feed them an outlandish story about these lights being the original lights that were supplied on only the first 6 cars. The factory decided to switch over to the lower candlepower lights for fear of the feds banning the lights but the ploy didn't work and the lights got recalled anyway.....or something like that. It'd be fun to pull that on an MCA judge and have him fall for it!!!
[/quote]

Hey Arlie that would be cute but, there are those of us who are certified MCA judges that do know. Would be interesting to see what happens. I don't judge concourse - Certified for Modified Street Driven and Daily Driver class. I would like to think that if it's a concourse car and the judge didn't know, he would take the time to ask someone else who does. You know the old addage - Ask me no questions and I tell you no lies.
The interesting thing is on my Marchal lights I'm using High Impact Composite lens and no one has even noticed yet.

Hey Doug: I've emailed them several times and have yet to receive a reply. May also try contacting Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang. He carries a good supply of Marchal stuff. That's were I got mine.

Don 8)

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=3;threadid=1693;start=0#msg10596 date=1116344054]
on my Marchal lights I'm using High Impact Composite lens and no one has even noticed yet.
Don 8)
[/quote]
Can you post or e-mail a pic?
Thanks Don

I e-mailed Hans but no response yet. I called Pete Geisler and left a message, he had already left for the day.
I have to go one way or another. I have one 656 and one 658. One of the original 656's was cracked.
Bill

Sarge

Bill,
Hans is in the Netherlands, so I'm sure it is pretty late over there. I bought a complete pair of Marchals from him a few years ago, and they are in beautiful shape. They did cost a pretty penny, but that is part of the "GT/CS experience"... Anyway, if Hans happens to have a spare lens, I'm sure it will be worth it.
Robert

68gt390

Bill;
The car is currently in the shop having two floor pans repaired. Will take a close-up and email it next time I'm at the body shop. I have attached a photo I took last summer just after putting on the composite lens. The original lights I bought from Pete at Orlando Mustang but, they had the driving lights and not the fog lights. To be honest with you I like the driving lights better. I may switch them back this summer.

Don ;)

Attachments

• Composite_Lens.JPG
    Composite_Lens.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 16

hotrod69dfw

Banned
I purchased my composite lenses for $150 from [glow=red,2,300]mrshelbydallas@ hotmail.com[/glow]
There isn't supposed to be a space between the @ and hotmail.com, but for some reason it wouldn't let me type the address correctly.

68gt390

mrshelbydallas@hotmail.com is also were I obtained my composite lens. I know some folks here on the site have had problems with this gentleman in the past but, the products I have obtained from him have been of very high quality and I continue to due business with him today. His products can also be found on ebay.

Don ;)