• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'07-'08 GT Front LIcense Plate Bracket?

miller511

Hi all,

I'm looking for a couple of front license plate brackets for two other '07 GTs that are in the family (injection molded plastic type...like what I think came with my '07 CS). Googling on this subject doesn't get what I want...there is a fabricated metal type on ebay, but that's not what I want. Did the '07-'08 CS come with the plastic plate holder? I'm not sure that it did and that perhaps the previous owner of the '07 I recently purchased (middle car in the picture below) used one from another car.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• The new CS 028a.JPG
    The new CS 028a.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 39

J.Bart

funny? i see it on my window sticker, but it isn't on my car.
i guess i'll have to mention it to my salesman.

aemoo28

Umm... It just says "Front license plate bracket" on my papers too. I have issues because it mine crooked and irks me that I have to drill new holes in the plastic fascia to correct it. The plate holder is different from the GT I park next to, which is streamlined and flat on the front bumper. I wish mine didn't have it- it sticks out too much and adds bulk. Look in my gallery for a close up of my front end. :)

Caligirl

My 07 did come with the front plate mounting frame already installed. It looks the same as the one in the picture. Hopes this helps.

Linda

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Thank you all for your input.

Here's what I discovered. You can get '07-'08 CS injection molded plastic front license plate bracket and hardware from Ford (Parts department at your local dealer) for about $20. Just have to specify that it's for a CS. This will work on a normal GT.

-Jeff