• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for GT/CS cars in Wa for Roundup

oneeyejohn

I brought my 68 gt/cs to the sunday event last year the was only one other 68. I am planning to attend the sunday event again this year. My car is not nice enough for the judged show

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Okay, so far I have 9 of you that would like to attend with your Specials. Thank you for your responses! I will present this info to the meeting this Friday. Anyone else?????

GT/CS S Code

NW Roundup update?

Hi again,
Just curious if closer to the date of this event there will be some directions or maps available through you (or the organizers of this event) to assist the out of towners that will be attending? We do love driving our car as much as possible, but would rather not be driving around in circles trying to find the display areas or the recommended hotel / motel / accommodations. :wink:
We'll likely be driving along the penninsula since the Coho ferry leaves right from Victoria harbour and goes directly to Port Angeles. It's a much nicer, and more leisurely drive than taking the Vancouver ferry, driving down to the always busy Peace Arch crossing, and then driving the I-5, at least to our way of thinking. (Remember we're from B.C. and are pretty easy going and "laid back", eh?) :icon_lol:
We've still got some work to do on our car before July, but are scheduling the "to do list" to be ready in time for this event.
We're looking forward to meeting a bunch of you good folks there! :cool:
We finally got a decent day's weather last Saturday and had the car out for a hand wash, an A&W hot rodder's lunch break, and a little bit of "cruising" in the afternoon. The freshly washed bright red paint and the newly installed white stripe kit turned more than a few heads ....

Attachments

• GT CS S code freshly washed today 018.jpg
    GT CS S code freshly washed today 018.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 20

clubpro

It sounds like your planning committee or judging committee doesn't know much about Mustangs. To say that the GT/CS is just a GT with add-ons is ridiculous. And the fact that they don't want to recognize the car on its 40th anniversary makes even less sense. I was planning on making the trip up and stay with my brother in Bellevue, but now I'm not sure. Maybe we should invite the committee to our Galpin Ford event to show them just how special our cars are.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Ron

Midnight Special

It sounds like your planning committee or judging committee doesn't know much about Mustangs. To say that the GT/CS is just a GT with add-ons is ridiculous. And the fact that they don't want to recognize the car on its 40th anniversary makes even less sense. I was planning on making the trip up and stay with my brother in Bellevue, but now I'm not sure. Maybe we should invite the committee to our Galpin Ford event to show them just how special our cars are.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Ron

...Keep in mind that it is the 40th Anniversary for ALL cars produced in 1968. Although we have reason for great pride, it can be seen as arrogant to insist that these events center around our GT/CSs.

Let's make that our job instead... Who can we expect better qualified?

With alot of polish, enthusiasm, signage or just warmhearted courtesy, be proud of what you have and do your best to make the folks (or future owners) feel included. It's how the masses see you with your prize that is real - not what a judge thinks...

Make it your show, no matter where it's held this year! My hats off to all of you makin' it great for '68 in '08!

(if you doubt what I say - take a drive through town... You can put on a "car show" every day! ;-)

'Used to take 3 minutes to run in & out of Starbuck's. Now the average is about 30...

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Update: I will present a MNW Roundup brochure when one is set for print- with my club's permission to post. It will have directions, dates, etc. Wait, let me check in with the planning committee to see if I can post what we have so far. And I'm SO happy that you all want to come!
Per MCA rules, the cars must be at least 10 yrs old to be judged. And the CS will be with the 'normal' GT cars. Don't get me started on that! I got into it with the club's boss man already! See my comment below about advocating the CS with my big mouth!
"It's just a modified GT", my @ss!
Something to consider, maybe a new thread: How do we get the new model Cali to be a VIN numbered CS? I was thinking that with the 'rarety' of these cars, we need some kind of proof & RECOGNITION. I'm ordering those plaques for certain.
Paul? Do we have any power here?

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

WA Roundup! Save the date!

Hello my Cali friends!
Save the dates in July for the 4 day annual MustangsNorthwest Roundup event held at Bellevue Community College in Bellevue, Washington. Thursday July 17- Sunday July 20. Locations will be posted soon for Thursday's racing at the speedway in Monroe, Friday's Pony Trails to Leavenworth, Sat & Sun MCA judged shows. Hotel info coming soon!
Come see me, my Cali friends! We have power in numbers!
More info coming soon!

Keep checking this link for updates in case nursing school swallows me up:

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page11272.asp?pid=11272&tid=11272

Amy :wink:

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

5/21 Roundup Update

I have 8 of you that say yes to attend my MNW Roundup so far. There is limited parking of 11 if they put us in the showcase lot- next to the Italian Mustang concept cars.

If there ends up to be more GT/CS that show up, we can move to a different area to be together. This info is confirmed by my person at MNW. Can't wait to see you all! On Saturday I will be at the registration table. On Sunday I will be running around going crazy with so many ponies in one place!