• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hinge Pins

nfrntau

I picked up two sets of door hinge pins the other day and have been looking at tech articles on replacing them. They seem to indicate it's an easy replacement.
Have any of you replaced the hinge pins and if so are there any tips you can pass along?
Thanks in advance
Bill

PFSlim

Bill

I replaced mine. I used a hammer and punch with the hinges in a vise. The replacement pins I bought were alittle longer than needed, thus needed to cut some length off before reinstalling. As well, I required bushing on a couple of my hinges. Keep in mind that my doors were completely removed, hinges removed from the doors.

The only tip I can pass along is that the vise and replacement will scar the paint on the hinges. As well, make certain you take one pin out and replace as it is possible to put the pin in upside down. Look closely at the hinges before you replace the pin to determine if you need the bushings replaced as well.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Thanks Paul,
The pins I bought each have two bushings with them. My hinges are not on the car yet and I thought it would be the time to do it before I mounted the doors. They are primer grey at the moment so a little scratch or two shouldn't be too big a deal.