• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Not a Bad Price! GT/CS

CougarCJ

Yes, blackout hood treatment can be identified by the Y5 paint code on the door data tag.

Mosesatm

All the things I see are minor but they make me wonder about the things I can't see.

- There seems to be a hole on the passenger shock tower
- The taillight trim is black instead of chrome
- The exhaust tips look like they are too low and extend too far
- The console insert looks worn and should be painted
- The steering wheel center is missing a cup
- The wood finish on the steering wheel looks rough, or beat up
- There are no photos of the trunk or the underside

franklinair

Joemiami- Congrats, and Welcome. Lots of info & support here for you. Looks like a really nice find, and the price range very attractive.
(I'm just completing my current CS project and it totaled out about $32K-with me doing all the work except body, paint, & upholstery.)
Enjoy.
When will you receive your new car? I was just in South Miami in November.
Are you familiar with The Mustang Collection in Perrine? I've known the owner, Stan Jacobs since the 1970's. (His business is now closing.)

Neil

Joeymiami

Joemiami- Congrats, and Welcome. Lots of info & support here for you. Looks like a really nice find, and the price range very attractive.
(I'm just completing my current CS project and it totaled out about $32K-with me doing all the work except body, paint, & upholstery.)
Enjoy.
When will you receive your new car? I was just in South Miami in November.
Are you familiar with The Mustang Collection in Perrine? I've known the owner, Stan Jacobs since the 1970's. (His business is now closing.)

Neil

Hi and thanks to all for the welcome.
I got the car already and did some freshening up on a few things like the carb, recharge the a/c etc.... I found out that it was a total nut and bolt rotisserie restoration! Everything is like brand new. All original metal except for the radiator support! Yes, I know Stan very well. Had him look the car over for me and replaced some misc engine parts and added the new slide bar radio. Business is closing, but I think he is staying onboard for consulting and selling new parts.

Last edited:

Joeymiami

Gonna take her to my first show on Sunday. Fast Expo 2016 near the Miami Intl Arpt. Just installed a set of new Cooper Cobra tires.......

franklinair

NICE Nugget Gold. :smile: especially with the Black vinyl top. Looks like you found a Winner. How long have you had it now?

Neil

Joeymiami

NICE Nugget Gold. :smile: especially with the Black vinyl top. Looks like you found a Winner. How long have you had it now?

Neil

Hi Neil,
Since December. Done some freshening up on it since it was a nut and bolt rotisserie restoration in 01. Things like the power steering control valve, alternator, regulator, turn signal switch, tires etc.... Last things to do to it is the a/c compressor, alignment, carb base gasket and put on some hipo headers. Also one of the exhaust resonators is rattling. Thinking of just removing them.
The tough part is that I don't know what gasket to get. My carb is an autolite c8zf-4- a 8hc saw different types on NPD but not sure. Also been trying to decipher the number. I know c= 60's and 8 would be for 1968 the D i think makes it a 4300 4v but not sure and the rest ??

Mosesatm

A few years ago aftermarket Hi-po exhaust manifolds did not properly line up to the exhaust ports on the heads. I don't know if that issue has been resolved but you may want to do some research before you order. Your best bet is to buy used ones but they are getting expensive.

Here is a good website for Ford carb identification.
http://www.mustangtek.com/carburetors/FordCarburetors.htm

franklinair

Looks like the NPD 9447-9 should work. Or, take the carb spacer to a parts store and match gaskets. And it goes without saying; two gaskets- one top & one bottom of carb spacer. My preference is 'thicker-is-better'. No particular favorite brand.

Neil

Joeymiami

Looks like the NPD 9447-9 should work. Or, take the carb spacer to a parts store and match gaskets. And it goes without saying; two gaskets- one top & one bottom of carb spacer. My preference is 'thicker-is-better'. No particular favorite brand.

Neil

Thanks Neil

Joeymiami

well, I got the gasket and its a no go. :sad: Left it at my mechanics shop and will have him find it for me..
Now for the good news. I finally got my marti elite report. And this cs is a one of one with the hood treatment and a one of 4 with the original ordered nugget interior! woo hoo