• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Scott Drake Window Regulators

Mosesatm

More Scott Drake Chinese-made junk reproduction parts.

The bolt holes on the new regulator are roughly 3/8" too close together.
The tape is cutting 10" so the bolt hole dimensions are roughly 9 13/16" for the new regulator and 10 3/16" for the old one.

Attachments

• New Regulator.jpg
    New Regulator.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Old Regulator.jpg
    Old Regulator.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 36

robert campbell

Arile,
I looked at the rivets that holds the gear housing together. Wonder if we could just drill the old and new regulator apart and "rebuild the old housing with the gear parts out of the new one? On that note I used to have a bunch of old "Falcon" regulators and I bet the back door ones were "low mileage".

Anyway, never tore one apart to see what actually goes bad. My guess is the sprocket and not the "rack" so to speak.

Thoughts?

Rob

CougarCJ

Rob, the 1967 and earlier regulators won't work very long with the 1968 and newer window cranks. 1968 regulators have the splines nearly to the ends, 1967 (and earlier) have a turned protrusion on the end.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Rob,
That's a good idea. I may tear it apart instead of returning it

Ruppstang

Some of the crazy lenthes we go to restore original Ford seem to make more sence after building a car with reproduction parts like that! Marty

green56

window reg

I replaced all my window reg got them from CJ pony they work fine so far they been about 6 months won't beable to test until next year put cars to sleep until Apirl 13