• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. New GT/CS Registry

boris

re clone and stole S code

We have it tagged in the Registry as a clone. The online Registry is governed by Jon Hanna, and is subject to the owners data entry. If the owner does not want to update the online Registry to reflect this, that is their perogative and we will not insist any change. Hope you can appreciate this. Mike ps. was your S code ever recovered? I have it tagged as stolen in the Registry just in case it surfaces.

Nope not yet but this clone suddenly shows up in my green and same interior and trim package minus the s code in my neighbourhood for sale i'm getting suspicious that it may be my parts it was built from. so id like to know if there is any pictures of it before mine was stolen wearing the gt/cs parts .and thank u in advance

08gtcslady

I am registered on Ron Davis' registry & purchased my certificate & dash/engine plaques last year. Does anyone know how or if I can get a Marti Report for my 2008 GT/CS? The only site i found only goes to 2007. Help?!?

harryz

Aloha. First, thanks for taking on the task of maintaining the registry. I know it can be very time consuming.

I was reading a post in the main forum asking about production numbers of various options of GT/CS cars (e.g.: how many were made with a 390, 4 speed and highland green?). If this has not already been done, would it be possible to get a data dump from Kevin Marti of all the data on all CS and HCS cars. If he omits the VIN then we would have valuable data about CS & HCS production, and it would not harm his business.

I acknowledge that someone with low morals could use this info to build a fake "1 of 1" CS, but it could also help our members with resale of their own cars.

My apologies if this already exists, but I did not see it.

Harry Z

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Kevin Marti did a breakdown of cars and supplied it to then Registrar Paul Newitt for his book on the GT/CS. It is copyrighted and can not be posted here unfortunately. Kevin Marti was also approached about a comprehensive breakdown of options etc. which he declined as well as a complete list of VIN for the GT/CS & HCS. This info is his bread and butter and stands to make more profit on an individual basis. Can't blame the guy. FYI, there were 23 Highland green, GT390/4 speed GT/CSs produced. Mike Jewell.

harryz

This info is his bread and butter...

Aloha Mike. Mahalo for the quick reply.

I was thinking that this might generate some business for Kevin, but on second thought I think the actual Marti report shows you the "1 of x" information. So, never mind...

Aloha

Harry Z

Mosesatm

Just a quick registry update.
We are now pushing 1,600 cars. That number includes 13 early cars that are most likely real California Specials but are not identified as such on Marti reports.

Rob and I are trying to verify one of these early cars. If we can verify it as a true GT/CS we can add at least 4 cars to the 4118 total.

If anyone wants a copy of the registry in Excel, Word, or a PDF, shoot me a note.