• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Options for Convertible Top Replacement--Hagerty Insured?

Redwingrobb

Well, last night was not good here in West Texas. We got pounded with a good 'ol Texas hail storm. Since the CS is in the garage, my other classic (68 Barracuda Convertible) was outside and bore the brunt. My convertible top is shredded. Since I believe that Hagerty won't take care of this (since it's supposed to be garaged), I'm having to look at my options for replacing the top. The first option is to go with a regular vinyl replacement, the second a double vinyl or third, a canvass. Question is: the canvass is a lot more expensive, but I guess it would hold up. But, then it wouldn't look stock. Also, is it worth it to even try to claim this? I don't want to lose my cheap coverage on both vehicles...Any feedback? Robb

rvrtrash

I would call Hagerty's and see what they say before I got to excited. Ask them if it would be covered and if it would affect your premiums before you make a decision.

Steve

69convert

I would opt for the vinyl top. You will probably find that the top will outlast
the bonding of the top to the backglass (have had two bonding failures while the top looked almost brand new).
I would call the insurance and make inquiries. I don't know what your deductible is but I had my top on my 71 redone for $650 which included parts and labor; the expensive top pads not included). Probably not worth claiming.

More importantly, what happened to the sheet metal?????!!!!!!!

Sounds like it is time for one of those aluminum stand-alone carports!!!

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

I might just opt for the euro vinyl which seems to be thicker and then also go for the more expensive top pads. Thanks..