• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Instrument Cluster Lights

Perkchiro

I'm having some electrical issues with my car. I'm putting in the instrument cluster and my lights on the cluster will not come on when the headlights come on. The wiper and turn signals work as does the gas gauge indicator. Any thoughts on what may be the problem? I'm considering changing the voltage regulator on the back of the panel. Any way to check this to see if its working? No fuses blown and there is power to the harness plug. Any help from the experts here would be appreciated.
Steve

PFSlim

Steve

I think that is the first thing I would change. Make sure your switch is not on low dim of course, then check your plug to make sure you have a good connection. Replace light bulbs if needed. Othewise, it would almost have to be the regulator.

I know the light switches themselves have been a source of problems. I don't guess there is a problem with a prong that sends juice to the instrument cluster??

Paul

Mosesatm

I think I have the same problem in that my lights are extremely dim even when the knob is turned all the way to bright.

Are the regulators available as reproduction items?

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

Thanks Paul and Arlie, but boy do I feel stupid. I rechecked the lights today and yes, I did have the headlight knob turned all the way down. I just installed a new switch and never gave that a thought. This has been quite an adventure for me since I'm not a electrical guru at all. I did replace all the bulbs and difusers before installing the instrument panel. I also installed a new tach where the clock was positioned. To answer your question about the regulator, yes NPD sells a new solid state type. Check the 06 catalog with the CS on the cover. It's in there. Thanks again guys, I appreciate the help.

Steve