CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/14/2008, 07:42 PM   #1
PNewitt

GT/CS & HCS Window Decals Ready 4U!

Finally--they are here....

Each decal is 3" diameter, and in color--just as you see them. Just like the old ones, the adhesive is on the face, so, you can adhere them to the inside of your windshield or windows.

To help with the book and Registry costs, I have to ask $10 ppd. each (for outside of USA & Canada, add $2).

GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

No cash, please...checks or M.O. made out to me is best.

I should have these ready for the GAS & Knott's Shows.

Thanks!!
Paul.
2008 PMN Designs

p.s. next up ASAP, are the 2007 GT/CS Decals...(with production numbers); and the CX-1 Decals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cshcs.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	6293  
Old 04/15/2008, 10:43 AM   #2
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

ALOT less expensive than the last one I purchased.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2008, 09:21 PM   #3
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
ALOT less expensive than the last one I purchased.
Oh bite me Joe!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2008, 11:37 PM   #4
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna View Post
Oh bite me Joe!
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2008, 11:47 PM   #5
HappyHour

Man you guys an your inside jokes!!

Was there a DD markup or sumthin? Do tell...

Robert
68 J Code SoCal Special
94 Defender 90 #16 "Best 4x4xfar"
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2008, 07:03 AM   #6
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...'Usual family stuff Robert ;-) It would make a great "sitcom"

Paul, your decals look great!

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2008, 07:09 AM   #7
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Ordered my decal yesterday. Looking forward to receiving it Paul.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2008, 10:59 AM   #8
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHour View Post
Man you guys an your inside jokes!!

Was there a DD markup or sumthin? Do tell...

see this thread...It will explain why this decal will cost Joe less....
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ighlight=decal
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2008, 01:39 PM   #9
HappyHour

Ahhhh funny stuff!! Has lil bit of everything..including Elvis and Donna wishing she could buy that nickel plated key chain??

And yes Steve I would watch "68 is enough the lost Cali Special episodes" in fact I would Tivo'em...it would air right between "Ice Road Truckers" and "OverHaulin" would be my guess.

Not sure Galpin knows what they are in for....and a live webcast??!!!

Robert
68 J Code SoCal Special
94 Defender 90 #16 "Best 4x4xfar"
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2008, 03:06 PM   #10
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna View Post
Oh bite me Joe!
You sure???????????

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2008, 09:39 PM   #11
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
You sure???????????
Oh now you're scaring me

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2008, 10:51 PM   #12
Rob
My Car Details

2007 GT/CS Coupe

Paul,
I just got my decal in the mail a few days ago for my 2007 GT/CS. I am the guy who you accidentally sent the 1968 model decal to, and I sent it back to you so I could get the correct decal for my car.

Anyways, I have some comments on the decal. It is a very cool looking decal, that is why I ordered it. When it arrived I checked it out and it looks great.

Then I peeled the white backing off of the decal so I could stick it on my rear quarter window. As soon as I peeled the decal off of the whiter backing I noticed that the decal did not look very vivid or brite.

I applied the decal on my quarter window and then looked at it. You cant hardly even tell the sticker is on the car. There is no way you can even read it and the color can't be seen at all.

If I was to stick the decal on my white car....it would show up very nicely, but I don't put decals on the body of my cars. So I threw the decal away into the garbage can.

I don't mind contributing to the registry because that is a good thing you are doing. Keep up the good work. If you decide to re-design a decal that can be seen and read when applied on a glass window, I would be proud to put one on my car.

Maybe you could make a sticker that could go on the outside of the glass that had a white backing on it so it would look like this when applied:

Last edited by Rob; 06/14/2008 at 11:28 PM..

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2008, 10:51 PM   #13
Rob
My Car Details

2007 GT/CS Coupe

Paul,
I just got my decal in the mail a few days ago for my 2007 GT/CS. I am the guy who you accidentally sent the 1968 model decal to, and I sent it back to you so I could get the correct decal for my car.

Anyways, I have some comments on the decal. It is a very cool looking decal, that is why I ordered it. When it arrived I checked it out and it looks great.

Then I peeled the white backing off of the decal so I could stick it on my rear quarter window. As soon as I peeled the decal off of the whiter backing I noticed that the decal did not look very vivid or brite.

I applied the decal on my quarter window and then looked at it. You cant hardly even tell the sticker is on the car. There is no way you can even read it and the color can't be seen at all.

If I was to stick the decal on my white car....it would show up very nicely, but I don't put decals on the body of my cars. So I threw the decal away into the garbage can.

I don't mind contributing to the registry because that is a good thing you are doing. Keep up the good work. If you decide to re-design a decal that can be seen and read when applied on a glass window, I would be proud to put one on my car.

Maybe you could make a sticker that could go on the outside of the glass that had a white backing on it so it would look like this when applied:

Last edited by Rob; 06/14/2008 at 11:28 PM..

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2008, 11:55 PM   #14
PNewitt

You are the first person to complain about my decals. They are not meant for smoked glass, because it's too dark to see them in a corner window (late models only). You should have put it in the corner of the windshield, since the glass is clear there.

Some other people have applied reflective tape to the backside of the decal, and it works very well. White tape works well, too.

I didn't do a positive version, because it wouldn't work well for exposure to the elements. It's an inside type decal only.

If you want a $10 refund, I'd be happy to send it to you, or another free 2007 decal so you can try it again.

Paul N.
Old 06/15/2008, 06:36 AM   #15
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

When you get another decal from Paul. Try the reflective tape. It works great and REALLY stands out. Here is the thread talking about the same problem I had, and pics of the solution. Hope it helps. Casey

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6227

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions