• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear view mirrors on new Stangs

hotrodgrany

Am I the only one noticing this? when you look out the rider side, those following seem much closer and those on rider side seems far away. It is funning though, it says on riders side of rear view mirror, object seems closer than it is, can anyone explain? This is they way it was on my 05 to.

BroadwayBlue

I think the wording on the mirror is "Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear". It is due to the fact that the passenger side mirror is Convex and the angle causes it.

Here is a scientific explanation http://dza.colorado.edu/~class/Phys4510/Notes/Convex Mirror.htm

I'm not sure if that was your question or not. I assume you meant the passenger side, side view mirror and not the rearview mirror on the windshield.

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

I think the wording on the mirror is "Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear". It is due to the fact that the passenger side mirror is Convex and the angle causes it.

Here is a scientific explanation http://dza.colorado.edu/~class/Phys4510/Notes/Convex Mirror.htm

I'm not sure if that was your question or not. I assume you meant the passenger side, side view mirror and not the rearview mirror on the windshield.

I ment the side mirrors, not the rear view mirror, thanks for the imput. I guess I am nearly always in the driver seat and don't pay that much of attention when I ride on the rider side. You are correct on the wording.