• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Bench Seat, Gotta Know

twoclassics

Does anyone know if the slide latch for a 1968 Front Bench is on the side or in the front, think I have found one in the Omaha area, need to confirm if it is a 68 thanks Chuck

68 special

I think that the slide handle was in the front on bench and bucket seats. I've never heard of a mustang with the handle on the side. Hope this helps.

Bret

GTCSMustang

There were two types of bench seats, although one may not be truly a "bench seat". The first type is a one-piece arrangement similar to the back seat (the controls are on the front driver's side and it mounts in the outside seat track positions). The other type is a split bench seat where the passenger side seat has a fold-down armrest attached to it. For this type of seat the driver's side and passenger side seats can be moved independently.

Hope this helps.

Scott