• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Harmonic Balancer Color/finish

x-codegtcs

I don't want to rely on just photos on the internet, but cannot find a credible source for the correct color/finish for a harmonic balancer for 68 jcode. Thanks in advance!

somethingspecial

This is a unmolested 68' SJ J code coming out of the hole for the first time. Hard to tell by the photos, but the HB was natural (rusted) and the pulleys were semi-gloss black when cleaned up. Hope this helps.

MCA Judges sheet call for S-G Black or Natural for the HB.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 38

CougarCJ

I notice more naturals than black. Most of the black ones appear to be recent paint jobs from an engine rebuild.

somethingspecial

Got Salt?

In your case, if you are building a concours driven car, and might go anywhere there might be Salt, I would paint the HB Semi-Gloss Black just to prevent rusting, or at minimum clear coat it. JMHO. Mike

6t8-390gt

I think the MCA is expecting SGB; just don't think the "rules" have been updated. SGB looks good and protects better than natural.

I would paint it!

Danny