• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What is the Strut rod bushing nut size?

dbeal

???Hey folks, I pulled the entire front suspension off the car this weekend with the exception of the front strut rods. I didn't have a socket or wrench big enough to remove the nut..What size is the the nut of the strut rods? ( the nut where you put the bushings on)

Thanks in advance!

Darrell

OP
OP
D

dbeal

Thanks!! I'm gonna go buy a loooong deepwell socket or a wrench..

hcsstang

When you have the strut rod out have the surroundering area painted red oxide. When I get my car back that's one thing that I got to do. a Judge told me about that. But it's his word. What is anybody view on this supject? ::)

OP
OP
D

dbeal

:mad: Well its not a 7/8 nut...its bigger...I'm thinking 1 /16 or 1 /18.. cuz I have a 1 3/16 socket that is too big and a 1/14 socket that is way too big..any other guesses????

Darrell

Talan423

darrell- i went right out to my car and put a 7/8" wrench on it and it fit perfect. i put a 15/16" socket on it and it was a bit too big. it doesn't look like mine have ever been changed. they look original. they are "crown" nuts, are yours "crown" nuts? are there different size strut rods? maybe somebody else can chime in?

OP
OP
D

dbeal

7/8 " is the size of the nuts that attach the strut to the lower control arm on mine. 1 1/8" is the size of the nut that attaches the strut to the front frame crossmember. At least on mine..I was looking for the size of the nut that attaches to the front frame cross member..I know the size now cuz I bought 2 different wrenches..1 1/16 and 1 1/8..which is ok cuz you can never have too many tools.. heh heh ;D