• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. ADMIN - Submit your pics for the 2010 CS Calendar! - Deadline Sept 27, 2009

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here's the official call for entries for the 2010 California Special Calendar. Please start gathering your best photos and submit them no later than Sunday Sept 27, 2009. We've been doing this for a few years now and it's always a big success. I'm looking forward to another great one this year! :grin:

We'll all vote on the photos and the top 12 will be used. They'll be on sale in time to get them for Xmas gifts. If you've been in previous calendars you can submit again, but not the same or similar photo. You can submit a few shots if you aren't sure which is best, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting. Also, if you're one of those fortunate enough to have more than one Special, please only submit one. (or maybe a group shot?)

To submit your pics email me at 1968gtcs@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email)

OK, here's the catch... Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. It needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

For those that don't have one hanging on your wall from last year, here's a shot of how it turned out:

2009_CS_preview.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the great photos I expect to get! :)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I agree Amy. That's one awesome shot and definitely calendar worthy in my book.

hookedtrout

I agree Amy. That's one awesome shot and definitely calendar worthy in my book.

I too agree and I'll add that there are a ton of fantastic photos out there that were sent to me for the book. DD has some photos that are really awesome, along with a list that would take me quite awhile to name.

Should be a great calendar this year.

Cory

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I think it would be fine. The layout would just need to be done before the voting so people are voting on what the calendar page will look like.

Diesel Donna

Jon, Do you have any more calendars from last year? I never did buy one. (sad face)

~~~~Donna

390cs68rcode

I think it would be fine. The layout would just need to be done before the voting so people are voting on what the calendar page will look like.

Is this something the submittor should do before sending to you?

Also, do we want to make it a requirement?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Is this something the submittor should do before sending to you?
You can arrange the image yourself or I can help. Just send me the pics and an idea of how you were thinking they would get laid out on the sheet.
Also, do we want to make it a requirement?
Require a collage of multiple shots? No. I'll leave it up to each person who submits. Then the voting will decide what people want to see in the calendar.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Jon, Do you have any more calendars from last year? I never did buy one. (sad face)

~~~~Donna
I don't have any, but you can order directly from the printer. The price is a little higher since there's no volume discount. I'll PM you with the link.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, I've responded to everyone who's sent me photos so far. If you emailed your calendar entry and haven't heard back from me please let me know.

Thanks! There are some great shots again this year! One week left. Keep them coming!

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
HRG, go ahead and email me the full size original of that shot. When they're uploaded to the forums the resolution isn't high enough. I need the original via email.

Thanks!

hotrodgrany

not a very good one, but.....
here it is,but much bigger and what about this.I was having so much fun taking pictures of mime, it was so hard to deside which to pick. Had to add this, as 'Black Beauty',my GT/CS, is watching over my daughters horses. Good Luck to all those that participated this year.

Attachments

• Random picture of my 07 GT-CS 005.jpg
    Random picture of my 07 GT-CS 005.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 09 GTCS 006.jpg
    09 GTCS 006.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 09 GTCS 004.jpg
    09 GTCS 004.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

J.Bart

i tried to post a comment on one of your pictures, but it didn't want to work,
so where did you meet chip??? isn't he a nice guy??
i met him at sema 08 and at the utah autorama 09

hotrodgrany

You ask where did I met Chip Foose, I was invited to a benifit he was putting on at Sioux Falls, S.D. through the Ford dealership around 3 years ago. I had an awsome time and meeting Chip and talking to him in person was once in a lifetime experience. You mean this one, and he personaly signed your picture.

Attachments

• chip%20&%20me%20#2.JPG
    chip%20&%20me%20#2.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 31