• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Submit your pics for the 2008 Calendar!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, this is the official call for entries for the 2008 California Special Calendar. Please start gathering your best photos and submit them no later than Friday Sept 14, 2007. We've been doing this for a few years now and it's always a big success. I'm looking forward to another great one this year! :grin:

We'll all vote on the photos and the top 12 will be used. If you've been in previous calendars you can submit again, but not the same photo. You can submit a few shots if you aren't sure which is best, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting. Also, if you're one of those fortunate enough to have more than one Special, please only submit one. (or maybe a group shot?)

If your photos are digital email me at 1968gtcs@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email) If you have prints that you need me to scan please mail them to me at:

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

OK, here's the catch.. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

For those that don't have one hanging on your wall from last year, here's a shot of how it turned out:
http://californiaspecial.com/images/2007_CS_preview.jpg and the 2006 version: http://californiaspecial.com/images/2006-calendar-preview.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the great photos I expect to get! :)

rvrtrash

I was just going to ask when you wanted new photos. I just submitted some for a NAPA calender and was going to send them to you also.

Steve

my68cs

I would submit, but my car is too ugly. Ha ha!! As soon as I get a new paint job I'll submit. I don't know when that will be though. Good luck!!

P

PNewitt

I've been holding back from sending in photos of my GT/CS (cover car of my 1989 book) in past years, so it wouldn't take away from others sending in theirs.

But-- since this will be the 40th, I'll be sending in one (or more) from the photo shoot of my CS at the Golden Gate Bridge.

I realize that there are limitations with adding text to these calendars, but it would be great if you could use my GT/CS History (development and production) timeline, and place those dates on their respective days on each month. OR-- we could just list those dates on the inside back cover, etc....

I would like to see some sort of "GT/CS 40th Anniversary 1968-2008" type on the front of it this year, too.

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

:frust: :frust: :frust: :frust:

I knew I should checked last year's post.

I went to take pics last weekend knowing this would be coming up and was happy with the results. Problem was I didn't check the minimum resolution on the pics.

Now I need to take my car out for another drive to take more biggerer and betterer pics!! MMmmm... and excuse for a day of driving ... works for me! :icon_ecst

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I realize that there are limitations with adding text to these calendars, but it would be great if you could use my GT/CS History (development and production) timeline, and place those dates on their respective days on each month. OR-- we could just list those dates on the inside back cover, etc....

I would like to see some sort of "GT/CS 40th Anniversary 1968-2008" type on the front of it this year, too.

Paul N.
Yes, the dates are pretty limited in terms of adding info, but I'll see what I can do. Good suggestion of mentioning the 40th also.

miller511

Jon,

How about if we submit a group shot of cars from the BBQ this coming weekend?

-Jeff

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Definitely get a group shot. It might make a good cover shot.

davidathans

i just submitted my picture...its a burnout picture at the race track.

Please vote for my car...i have never gotten enough votes for my own month in the calendar the past 3 years. Thanks

somethingspecial

Digital -V- 35mm

Hi Jon, The digital age is not my thing. I prefer 35mm. What size photo do you want. 5x7, or would 8x10 be better, as this is more the size on the calender? Mike

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mike, 8x10 would be best if it's not too much hassle. It should scan better.

BroadwayBlue

You can submit a few shots if you aren't sure which is best, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting.

Hi Jon,
I took some pics today and plan on sending them in.
I wasn't sure what you meant in your post about sending in multiple photos.
Will you decide which to enter into the voting if we send more than one?
I'm in the process of trying to narrow down which to send.
Thanks!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, only one can be entered for voting. Sometimes people can't decide which shot is best so they send me a couple to get a second opinion. But ultimately you can only enter one.

BroadwayBlue

Yes, only one can be entered for voting. Sometimes people can't decide which shot is best so they send me a couple to get a second opinion. But ultimately you can only enter one.

Thanks for clarifying. If I can't narrow it down I'll send you multiple and let you decide :grin:

Mosesatm

Jon, will you adjust sharpness, contrast, brightness, etc?

rvrtrash

I always send Jon two photos 'cause everyone knows rvrtrash ain't got no good taste. :grin: I figure he can protect me from myself. :wink:

Steve