• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Submit your pics for the 2007 Calendar!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, this is the official call for entries for the 2007 California Special Calendar. Please start gathering your best photos and submit them no later than Friday Sept 15, 2006. Last year's calendar was a great success and I'm looking forward to another great one this year.:)

We'll all vote on the photos and the top 12 will be used. If you were in the calendar last year can submit again, but not the same photo. You can submit a few shots if you aren't sure which is best, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting. Also, if you're one of those fortunate enough to have more than one Special, please only submit one. (or maybe a group shot?)

If your photos are digital email me at 1968gtcs@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email) If you have prints that you need me to scan please mail them to me at:

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

OK, here's the catch.. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

For those that don't have one hanging on your wall from last year, here's a shot of how it turned out:
http://californiaspecial.com/images/2006-calendar-preview.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the great photos I expect to get! :)

Mustanglvr

My car does`nt have the "Mustang" script on the sides. Would it still be accepted if the pic was good enough?
I`m not very good with cameras, I have a 35mm, should I have the pics put on disc or what can be done to have them come out big enough. Will I have to find a digital camera?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mustanglvr said:
My car does`nt have the "Mustang" script on the sides. Would it still be accepted if the pic was good enough?
Absolutely. That's such a minor thing I don't expect it would make a difference to anyone. In fact one of the winners last year doesn't have the script, and to be honest I didn't even notice until you brought it up and I looked at last year just out of curiosity.

The important thing (I think) is a well lit, well focused shot in a great location. Of course ultimately it's the members who decide with their votes. :grin:

I`m not very good with cameras, I have a 35mm, should I have the pics put on disc or what can be done to have them come out big enough. Will I have to find a digital camera?
35mm is fine. You can send me the photo by mail and I can scan it, but if you can have it put on disc where you develop it and then email it will probably turn out better. Sometimes scans from prints lose quality.

68gt390

admin said:
Absolutely. That's such a minor thing I don't expect it would make a difference to anyone. In fact one of the winners last year doesn't have the script, and to be honest I didn't even notice until you brought it up and I looked at last year just out of curiosity.

The important thing (I think) is a well lit, well focused shot in a great location. Of course ultimately it's the members who decide with their votes. :grin:

35mm is fine. You can send me the photo by mail and I can scan it, but if you can have it put on disc where you develop it and then email it will probably turn out better. Sometimes scans from prints lose quality.

Jon;
That was my car that was missing the side "mustang" script on the front fenders. As strange as it sounds most folks at shows like the clean look on the fenders. I had planned on adding it but, for now she will stay as is.

Don :grin:

BroadwayBlue

How far away are you standing Jason? You're not taking aim I hope :wink:

As long as we're making requests ... could we add the prior and next month little calendar on each page?

And don't forget the missing holidays :grin:

Even without all that it's a great calendar and I'll still be purchasing a few again.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'll see what I can do, but the calendar pages are a template that I can't edit. There may be other templates I can use. I'll look into it.

joedls

If any of the prior suggestions does anything to diminish the size or quality of the car pics, I vote to leave it alone.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
No, it won't. The car photos will still take up the entire page above the fold. It's just a matter of how the page below the fold (the actual calendar page) is laid out. Again, I'll see what I can do, but may not have much latitude.

PFSlim

Jon

I look forward to this years voting. I look at my calendar every day and admire the pictures. Thanks for putting this on again this year!!

Paul

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Maybe there are a lot of procrastinators out there waiting until the last minute to submit pics, but at the moment we only have 4 cars submitted. :cry:

If you plan on submitting photos please post here or email me. The way it's looking the calendar won't happen this year. It's been such a success the last 2 years, so I'd really hate to cancel it from lack of interest. :embarass:

luisa2552

I just had the CS out today and went down to the Golden Gate to shoot some pics. I did both 35mm and digital, but my digital has not produced the best pics lately. If the 35mm are the better pictures, should I mail them or scan and email?

Last edited:
P

PNewitt

Hi Jon,

As always, this is a neat idea.

I have some (extra) slides I took for the 1989 copy of my book's cover, next to the Golden Gate bridge. They are well lighted, and the maroon looks great. So--are slides OK? Can you scan them if I mail them to you?

Also--if possible. For the photos, what about a VIN, and a description of the car, such as engine, trans, options, etc. About two sentences or so under the photo, or as (readable) text on the photo.

And!! What if I provided a list of important dates of the development and sales of the GT/CS based on my timeline from Jan-July '68? Such as: "Feb 15th, Los Angeles sales district GT/CS unveiling party at the Century Plaza Hotel", or..."Salt Lake DSO cars sold this day", or the built date of the Green Hornet, etc...

Paul N.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Hi Jon,

... And!! What if I provided a list of important dates of the development and sales of the GT/CS based on my timeline from Jan-July '68? Such as: "Feb 15th, Los Angeles sales district GT/CS unveiling party at the Century Plaza Hotel", or..."Salt Lake DSO cars sold this day", or the built date of the Green Hornet, etc...

Paul N.

" -July '68???" Paul, I'm sure you can come up with some other trivia or "factoids" for Aug-Dec ... afterall, "You are the Man" when it comes to CS history and facts ...

P

PNewitt

well yes, actually I could include the events of '67, with Lee Grey, and seeing Little Red, and the development in Dearborn on the GT/SC. I have some new documentation on that period, too.

It's just that readers will have to "think backwards" after July 31st.

Paul.

p.s. ever look at the top row of advertisers, and notice that relate to the words in our posts? You could say absolutely anything, and there is a website up there related to it.

now watch: "tractors", "night clubs", "home loans".

LOL.

Mustanglvr

Jon, I have some pics in my gallery that were taken at a lake. If you think one of them might be good enough, you may consider it for the calender, but when they are really big you can see the pic isn`t very clear. Maybe you can fix that. I have them on disc too if you`de want me to send them to you.