• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tape the Super Bowl....??? CS?

P

PNewitt

Weeellll....At least I don't call elections in Florida....

I just got a side message from someone (whom I don't know yet) that tells me they are DEFINATELY doing the '07 GT/CS, and to WATCH the Super Bowl!

He also tells me that SVT didn't do the car.

"IF" the person that sent this to me is legit--then thanks. But we've had problems with some postings being false here, as the internet can't always be trusted.

In any case, tape the Super Bowl anyway, and we'll see for sure. If it's true, you wouldn't want to miss it (and be P'O'd at me--LOL).

Stay Tuned!

Paul N.

Last edited:

case12

In one of the GTCS photos you will see a sign on a column that says "Pilot Build". It is likely that the vehicles were at the pilot plant Allen Park, MI, where the prototype and first cars of a line are built. I don't know if SVT is there, but it sounds like this is a regular production SE (special edition) car. Thanks to Talan423 for pointing this out to me. Casey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Assuming that what I heard is legit, two things:

1. You may want to watch, or tape the pre-game show, too. The ad might be on then, too.

2. Who has a DVD recorder? That might provide a better copy.

(of course, I'm not promoting the misuse of taping a copyrighted football game, etc.. I just want the GT/CS commercial--if it's there.

Talk to you guys on Monday!

Paul N.

Canuck CSter

If the Super Bowl ad is there and I hope it is, I think it would be a great addition for Paul to add it to the books DVD. If he can obtain permission for Ford. We would all gain.

Personally, I feel we have an opportunity that other companies and collectable organization have not breached. The marketing value of selling not only a car, but a hobby has not been maximized in my veiw.

Just my 3 cents, our values are up.

DR in Ottawa

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Great idea!

I was thinking of including the original GT/CS commercial, the '06 Mustang CE commercial (which I have), and now the '07 CS ad. I should also get a copy of the standard '68 Mustang ads, just for good measure.

Once the book is done, then I'll get into that CS DVD.

Yes--expect values to go up. No question about it.

thanks!
Paul N.

Mosesatm

Paul, now you've got me curious as to why you are including the CE in the new California Special book. Is there some tie between it and the new GT/CS, like the old GT/CS was tied to Little Red and the Green Hornet, that you will explain in the book?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Update....

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I understand that "there may not be an actual GT/CS "commercial" during the Super Bowl, but that the '07 will appear IN the Super Bowl".

I'm not sure what that means, but since it's in Detoit, it might be a show of Fords on the grass during half-time...I just don't know, but keep your eyes peeled!!

Just some details as they come in...

--Your GT/CS Intelligence Officer, Paul Newitt :)

p.s. Arlie--the Mustang CE, as with the new CS will be like addendums to the book. Tying all these cars together will be good for everyone involved! I'll also extend the CE and '07 CS to the GT/CS Registry (but not for this edition of the book--no time). And..I have over 1,000 owners currently on my list!

Diesel Donna

Okay I have a dumb question. When is the Super Bowl? This Sunday, Feb. 5th?
And is it being held in Ford Stadium? I've heard that name lately but not sure where it even is. That may explain why all the Fords huh?
Okay so I don't know much about football but I know a tight end when I see one. :wink: I always watch the Super Bowl...and only for the commercials!

~~~~Donna

mmarsalone

I know why Don (68gt390) said watch the Superbowl......................

Lingerie Bowl during halftime. Did VS supply the uniforms?

Mosesatm

Diesel Donna said:
Okay I have a dumb question. When is the Super Bowl? This Sunday, Feb. 5th?
And is it being held in Ford Stadium? I've heard that name lately but not sure where it even is. That may explain why all the Fords huh?
Okay so I don't know much about football but I know a tight end when I see one. :wink: I always watch the Super Bowl...and only for the commercials!

~~~~Donna

Sunday 5:00pm Central, I think.

68gt390

mmarsalone said:
I know why Don (68gt390) said watch the Superbowl......................

Lingerie Bowl during halftime. Did VS supply the uniforms?

Don't know anything about that one but, I'll be watching just in case they do air the commercial for the GT/CS. The halftime show is always worth watching.

Don :grin:

68gt390

Diesel Donna said:
Thank you Arlie

Hey Donna;
Would this be considered a tight end?

Don :icon_ecst

Attachments

• Pink Shorts.jpg
    Pink Shorts.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 22

Diesel Donna

Ummmmmmm...yes I believe so! But isn't that a cheerleader? I like the guys a LOT better!

hcsstang

Remember the super bowl last year at half time with Janet Jaskson showing her****Now when ever you watch a game and listen to the radio it's slower with the tv.