• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My new garage

franklinair

Completed today:30'wide X 40' long (1,200 square feet) Fully insulated, walking distance through our back yard.
It will have 4' LED shoplites throughout, epoxy floor coating.
Getting ready for my retirement:grin: and continuing with my Mustang restorations.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 74

Ruppstang

Very nice Neil! There is nothing like have a proper and comfortable place to work.
That was some $$$ of concrete. When is the lift coming?
Marty

hatchdog

Dang Neil, that’s a nice shop. I like the two doors instead of one larger one and as Marty mentioned, the first thing I noted was the quantity of concrete for your project. Do you plan to use the rear door for ingress/egress? Those are interesting trusses, never seen that before. Very nice!

Mike

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

The single door on the far end is more for cross ventilation in the summer, plus I have access to wash a car on an extension outside of the door.
All the concrete work almost matched the cost of the building.:eek:

Neil

Batgirl89

Neil,
Thank you for posting pictures.
I'm so jealous! Its perfect for you! All that concrete is beautiful. $$$
Happy for you, Sheryl

Mosesatm

...and the wet bar, fridge, radiant heat in the floor, recliner, TV, stereo system, hot tub, etc.?

I sure wish I had room at my place for that large of the shop/garage. It may be time to follow Steve's lead and purchase 20 acres in the wilderness!!

Last edited:

rvrtrash

Very nice Neil! I can't wait to finish the driveway into my new property so I can start on the new shop. Now there are priorities for you. Shop gets built before the house!

Steve

GTCSMustang

Hi Neil,

Old thread but was looking at your garage from 2018. Still look that clean? I built one with similar construction a few years ago and I think the basic shell went up in two days. Much more affordable than the other one I built that has the larger beams (red iron).

Scott

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

5 years later: Shelvings are full of parts, hardware, and tools. Three cars: My GT/CS, Peggy's '57 Thunderbird, and the GT/CS I sold to my son-in-law.

Neil

GTCSMustang

I just hung up the last thing in my garage, so now it's finished....sort of...I think.

Scott