• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Vote for the 2005 Calendar!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
You can now go vote for the top 13 photos for the 2005 CaliforniaSpecial.com calendar.

Please go here to vote, and be sure to type in your forum username. Votes by non-members will not be counted:
http://www.surveyshare.com/survey/take/?sid=11631
(The poll was too complicated to set up using the forum so I had to use a 3rd party survey form.)

To help see the photos better please go here:
http://californiaspecial.com/calendar2005.htm
If you click on each thumbnail a full size image will come up.

The voting will end Thurs evening, Nov 18th. At that time the 13 photos with the most votes will be the months of the calendar and cover. Because they're all great photos the remaining pictures will be made into a collage for the back cover of the calendar.

I'm going to the print shop this week to figure out the final pricing and print time. My hope is that they'll be no more than $14 and be done in time for Christmas.

Thanks and good luck to all who submitted photos!

68gt390

Jon;
You did an excellent job. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this site. Without you we would not be able to show the rest of the world what we all have. This site is truly unique. Again, thank you.

Don ;D ;D ;D

quicknick

Kudos Jon. You masterminded this beautifully.
And you are right, every one of the photos (and cars) is an outstanding work of art.
Just a suggestion...... How about putting the car with the most votes on the cover? That way 13 cars can actually be chosen. I was going to start sucking up to you to put mine on the cover, but I think that honor should be reserved for the most popular car. Just a thought. Nicholas

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, but your compliments are premature. I already forgot someone! :-[ I'm closing the poll until I can add that last person.

Good idea quicknick. :)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, it's fixed now. Can those that voted before I added the 20th picture please vote again? Sorry for the hassle.

hookedtrout

Looks great, I cast my vote and it worked so I assume it's open again. I tried to include at least one of every color but it sure seems like the greens and reds rule. Wish my blue was in there but at least there's one blue one.

Hook

Sarge

NICE CARS!!! It was a difficult vote, and took me multiple views to choose just 13... (of course, like most of us, I voted for mine, but hey, didn't we all) ;D

Robert

rjw

Excellent work, Jon. Again, thanks from the gallery for an avenue to showcase these special cars.
Richard

our special

I have to agree with Robert, choosing 13 cars from the 20, was much more difficult then I had imagined it would be. Each car deserves a page of the calender, unfortunately we could only pick 13. Any of us that don't make the pages, certainly don't have anything to be ashamed of. What a great looking group of GT/CS & HCS.

Dave

66joej

Jon
Is the survey allowing members to vote more than once? I see this as being a problem.
Joe

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Joe, that's why you have to enter your forum username. Non-members and multiple votes won't be counted.

68sunlitgold

Ok guys,
after seeing all these increadible cars, I want to get back to the states and work on my cars again. I commend everyone on the work they have done on your cars. They are all winners!!

Doug

Jayscal

Hey Jon,

Can you make this a sticky topic that stay at the top, cause it has the voting links.

Russ

These great photos will make a fantastic calendar!! I can't wait to get a calendar. Super Job, Jon!!!

Russ

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, the results are in. :) Below are the top 13 voted photos. I know it was hard choosing only 13 from such great cars so the rest of the photos will be used in a collage on the back cover (or a 13th month).

I should have the proof ready in about a week and then I'll be able to order them. Price will be $12 + $2 shipping and I'll get an online order form set up this weekend with all the info.

Thanks again to everyone who sent in their pride and joy! And thanks to everyone else who voted.

quicknick

Congrats to everyone. Who gets the honor of being on the cover?
(side note) I think the black CS is incredible! It was my first choice when voting.
I think this idea was brought up before, but may be worth repeating.... Maybe we could have the owners name, city and state on or below the photos. It is set up that way on a hot rod calander hanging here in my shop and looks very professional. What does everyone else think?

Sarge

I agree with Nick, congratulations to all cars. Now I am anxious to get the calendar, and really admire the cars. ;D
Robert

our special

We would like to thank everyone who took the time to vote for our "special" and congradulate the other 12 owners. It is indeed an honour to be one of the representives of these fine cars. Jon, thank you for the opportunity to display our cars using this medium. There were no losers here, each and every GT/CS entered are winners.

Thank you,
Dave