• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Collapsing Steering Column - Borgeson Install

AADaddy

Happy Friday everyone! I'm in process of installing the Borgeson setup in my car. I'm trying to figure out if I have collapsed the steering column as far as it can go. See attached pic. In talking to Borgeson they told me I should not need to cut anything to make it fit. It should be a perfect fit. HA! HA! HA! Doesn't every Mustang part company say that! I've read on some other forums that people have cut the tube to collapse the column more. Based on what is in the pic have I maxed thing out? Trying to figure out if I need to take the steering column out and trim the tube down by an inch or two.

Attachments

• borgeson.JPG
    borgeson.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 49