• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for GT/CS to purchase

Mosesatm

Since Jason keeps intercepting all the California Specials heading to Houston (kind of like the Cuban Missle Crisis boycott) and since he won't park one of his cars in my garage, it looks like I need to take the drastic measure of publicly announcing that I am looking for a GT/CS to purchase.

Small block
Highland Green, Lime Gold, Presidential Blue, White, Yellow, Gulfstream Aqua
Must have working air (houston)
No projects right now, at least not until we finish Bill's car.
I certainly don't have Jason's bank account but am not afraid to pay a fair price for the right car.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Mustanglvr

There is a white with blue stripe GT/CS up for auction at the National Sports Center in Blaine, Minnesota May 13th and 14th. It is lot #152 and it is through www.midamericaauctions.com. They don`t have a description of the car, only pictures. It looks alot like one I`ve seen on this site. :) Rhonda

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=3;threadid=1655;start=0#msg10178 date=1115411692]
There is a white with blue stripe GT/CS up for auction at the National Sports Center in Blaine, Minnesota May 13th and 14th. It is lot #152 and it is through www.midamericaauctions.com. They don`t have a description of the car, only pictures. It looks alot like one I`ve seen on this site. :) Rhonda
[/quote]

Interesting. Looks like the passenger script doesn't quite line up correctly and there is a horse in the grille.

Rhonda do you know if there is any way to get more information on cars in this auction?

Thanks for your help.

Hey, I just realized that I'll be in Sabin in August and may need to see how my friend with the not-for-sale red GT/CS is doing. If she wants to talk cars is it ok if I have her contact you either through this site or your personal email?

Mustanglvr

Hey Arlie, yes that would be great for your friend to contact me. I love making new friends. Maybe on your way up there to Sabin you could stop by and say Hi to me and my husband. You could give me your opinion on my GT/CS. I bought it by myself and have never had it looked at by anybody that knows about them. You seem to know alot.
As for the auction, the latest member of this site happens to be someone involved with midamericaauctions. I`d try emailing him. The site has the same email address as he does. :)Rhonda

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Rhonda, sounds like a good idea. My wife and I are going to make a mini-vacation out of this trip. We are flying into Minneapolis, driving to the North Shore for a few days there, then to Sabin for her brother's wedding, and then back to MSP. Where do you live in relationship to that route? I also fly to MSP a lot for business so if the August trip doesn't work maybe we can hook up on a subsequent trip. We few Highland Green fans need to stick together.

GTCSMustang

Hey...I'm the biggest Highland Green fan...and am still looking for a Highland Green GT/CS (Rhonda?). Can't seem to break one loose. Strangley enough, I've been able to find a Highland Green 1968 Shelby GT500KR convertible, and a Highland Green 19681/2 CJ...but no GT/CS...what's up with that? Someone help me...please.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

My theory is that since Highland Green with whtie stripes is the the truest expression of what a GT/CS should be the people who own them just can't bear to get rid of them. One option would be to take one of those blue wannabes and paint it green. ;D

Mustanglvr

Arlie,
I live 2 hours west and a little south of Minneapolis. It would be out of your way. So maybe some other time.
Rhonda

Mustanglvr

Scott,
Sorry I just can`t part with my GT/CS. I`m sure you will find a Highland green one sooner or later to add to your collection. That Shelby sure is perty ;D. Rhonda

68gt390

Scott;
Very nice looking cars. You'll find one eventually. That's one of the reasons I bought my 68 GT Coupe, Highland Green. The 390 in it was a plus.

Don ;)

Attachments

• 68_GT.JPG
    68_GT.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 18

GTCSMustang

That's a beautiful car. I love the white top.

And so the search for the illusive Highland Green GT/CS continues. The Holy Grail would be easier to find. If anyone knows of any for sale, please let me know.

Scott

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=3;threadid=1655;start=0#msg10215 date=1115494493]
Scott;
Very nice looking cars. You'll find one eventually. That's one of the reasons I bought my 68 GT Coupe, Highland Green. The 390 in it was a plus.

Don ;)
[/quote]

with the size of those tires, engine and traction bars you GOTTA be able to pull wheelies in that thing! ;)

68gt390

with the size of those tires, engine and traction bars you GOTTA be able to pull wheelies in that thing! ;)

Jason;
Only in my dreams. Even with those meats, I have to peddle it sometimes just to keep the rear in check. She does hook-up pretty nice though.

Don ;D

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Rhonda, I received an email from the auction house regarding the white GT/CS in Minneapolis. All it says is that to-date the owner hasn't given them any more information. Strange. At least is was nice of them to reply to my request. Those Minnesotans are just nice people!

Have you ever read the book, "How to speak Minnesotan"? My wife (from Sabin) laughed almost nonstop the whole time she was reading it. Now keep in mind that this is the same person who was offended by "Fargo" because no one she knows really talks that way. She didn't mind the blood or the wood chipper, it was just the accents that bothered her. If you get the chance to read the book I highly reccomend it. Or, taking a cue from the book; "A gal might want to just pick it up and read it some day then." :) I have an extra copy if you want me to send it to you.

Thanks for your help on the auction thing.

Mustanglvr

Yah, you betch ya Arlie. ;D LOL. Thats funny, cuz I think we all have accents down here in southwestern Minnesota. I am originally from across the border, raised on a farm, outside of Sioux Falls, South Dakota but we all talk alike. It has alot to do with the fact that most of our population are Norwegians and Belgians. I`ve wanted to read the book you mentioned. I`ve seen it at our local library. I think I will pick it up. Your wife should read the Ole and Lena joke books from Minnesota too. They are hilarious.
That is strange that they don`t have anymore info on that GT/CS. The guy must not want to sell it very bad or maybe he`s just a procrastinator.
I was going to ask you if you`ve ever heard of the Wortham family down there in Houston? My husbands grandfather was related to to them. He disappeared in the 1930`s and 60 years later showed up in the Black Hills of South Dakota. From stories I`ve heard they were an important family. I do family history research so anything at all you can tell me will help.
Anyhoo, had any good thunderstorms lately? Do they have them in Houston? We`ve been hit a few times this week already. They`re fun, cuz they break up the monotony. I pray that the hail we get is little cuz my car is always out in it. :-[ Nothing beats the metal they made these old cars out of I tell you. My Acura Legend dents up much easier than my old stang. ;D Rhonda

68sunlitgold

Rhonda,
being from your neck of the woods, I can definately say that people DO talk like they did in "Fargo" but the funny thing is I never really noticed it until I saw the movie. Because I moved around alot as kid, Dad too was in the Air Force, I never talked like everyone else in my home town but it never bothered me. Now I have my wifes lovely Texas southern accent to listen to.

Doug

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Bill and I almost went to look at this car a month or so ago. I wasn't quite as inspired then and the price seemed way too high for the description. If it's still for sale the price will probably go down. I'll give them a call. Thanks for the heads up. Any luck on the Monrovia car?